Holiday Inn Express - Sumter
$109
$54
$52
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskcheck in was easyhotel breakfastparking lotan upgradehousekeeping staffair forcethe room was niceking roomenjoyed my stayother hotelsessentialsadjustmentsacwalmart
Reviewed November 7, 2012

First of all, this place is clean. The bed was super comfy and clean. Carpet was clean. Employees were friendly. The thing that blew me away was the hot breakfast. Now, this place had the typical Holiday Inn Express food but it was better. Not only that, but they served bacon AND sausage AND ham. Who does that? The eggs were hot. Anything you wanted, they had it. The orange juice was not watered down. The breakfast room had plenty of tables and chairs.
Very reasonable on the pricing for this room too. I think we paid $77.
I have one complaint...we only got to stay one night. I would have loved a longer stay!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SunnyLeeT
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been lodging at the Holiday Inn Express in Sumter on a regular basis since May 2012. The rooms have been consistently clean and comfortable with a varied choice of furnishings including an in-room Jacuzzi. This variety takes away the potential monotony of staying in the same hotel every trip. But the greatest asset here is the ever-present team of Jessica and Josh at the desk. These attractive young hotel professionals are sharp and energetic and ever-helpful. They remember you by name each visit. On many occasions when I have needed assistance like a faxed invoice or special reminders they have been on the spot. Josh and Jessica make this hotel the first choice for lodging in Sumter.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jazmast
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friend and I needed one night to stay in a hotel in Sumter, SC. We moved her soon there to start a new job. We had looked online at the various hotels, and for one reason or another did not choose the others. Having stayed several times at a Holiday Inn in Highland Beach, FL, I chose this Holiday Inn Express.

We arrived and the hotel was quite clean. We received our room key and went to the 3rd floor. Went right in to a very clean room. Everything in our room was in good working order (except our faucet dripped a little and we forgot to tell them when we left ). The room was light, suitably decorated, quiet, and hallways were well lit. It had no smoke odor at all, or pet odors.I was pleased.

We slept well in the two queen beds and went down for the complimentary breakfast. The food was fine. Mostly continental style, but we were also provided scrambled eggs and bacon. It was a fine way to start the day. It was a little expensive, but it seemed on a par with the other hotels. We also used her AAA discount.

I have given it 4 stars based on other hotels in the same price range, not on the type of hotel. Had there been no dripping faucet, and a quieter AC it would've had a perfect score. However neither of these issues was a reason not to return. I liked the choice of comfort pillows!

We will stay here again, next time we go visit her son.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jodygirl79
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel was beautiful, (Very clean) & Check in was a breeze. Housekeeping excellent! The breakfast was wonderful and the staff were exceptional! A friend of mine stopped by the hotel to return a gift card I had lost. The front desk clerk (Josh) called my room upon receiving the card to let me know that it had been found, I told him I would pick it up later. It slipped my mind and I left. Josh called my mobile later to remind me about the card, I told him since he was so nice and honest to keep the gift card for himself. This will be the place I will stay at when I come back to Sumter. A+

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Check-In: I would like to especially commend 'Meghan' who was on duty while we were there. Helpful & friendly - knows her hotel & the surrounding area. She should get some kind of an award because people like her have been rare to find in our experienes!!

Room: Very nicely appointed - bed was new-ish. Exceptionally clean room & bathroom. Had the usual mic, frig, ironing board/iron, clothes closet & 4-cup coffeepot. Included hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner (seperate by the way), scrub, shower cap & here's one new to me ... mouthwash! The view wasn't the best but we were there for a one-night stop over while traveling home. Newer TV.

Computer: Again, our computer would not work with this hotel's WiFi ? Works elsewhere so have no idea what the problem is but we use it casually, not for business.

I did not visit the pool & my husband said there were only a couple of treadmills in the 'exercise' room.

Business Room: The guests can use the computer in this room. Also has a copier. Also there are 'things to do', places to eat brochures in that room.

I would definately stop there again if traveling in that area.

Breakfast is the usual & if you want Pizza, definately order in from Ragin Pepperoni (a local place). Hand made crust, etc - reasonably priced & just delicious.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family