“Clean, modern, and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Clean, modern, and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a clean room, comfortable beds, and a good hot breakfast. We could not have asked for more. When the occasion arises, and it will this coming fall, we will definitely consider the Quality Inn as an option for resting our heads.

Room Tip: Even with Choice Hotels, you get what you pay for. This hotel is an excellent choice for a good nig...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Charlene_Smith42,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and free hot breakfast offered. We certainly hope to welcome you back! Please contact me at katie.register@fowlerhospitality.com and I will be happy to personally coordinate your reservations for the coming fall.

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn Sumter. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Galax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk named Kayle. I had many questions regarding the hotel property and rates. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. She answered every question I had. I asked about any available discounts and she helped me with that inquiry as well. The weekend desk clerk was just as friendly. She showed me where to go for the amazingly good breakfast. The buffet style breakfast was complete with two styles of eggs, biscuits, gravy, grits, waffles, cereal, various breads, fruits, yogurts and juices. The room I stayed in was 127. It was very clean and smelled really nice. The whole hotel smelled clean and nice. The only negative quality to the room was that it needed some updates as far as painting around the doors and upgrades in the appliances. Overall I really enjoyed my warm welcome and stay at Quality Inn Sumter! I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were in Sumter for my husband's high school reunion.Several other events were scheduled for the same weekend, so motel rooms were scarce. The reunion committee reserved a block of rooms at the Quality Inn that all faced the pool area, which is very attractive and away from road noise. A full hot breakfast buffet is included, and the dining room is large and pleasant. The bathrooms appear to have been updated somewhat. However, as others have noted, this is a BUDGET motel, and it definitely shows signs of wear and tear: peeling paint, crooked drawers, an ice machine repaired with duct tape, worn (but clean) linens, shabby carpets. It was not the management's fault that the motel was occupied by dozens of virtually unsupervised 10-12-year old boys who ran around the pool whooping and hollering. However, someone with a room on the ground floor had set up a small portable grill and was cooking something outside his room; this may be a regular event because he had two huge bags of charcoal. When I called the front desk to complain, I was told that the man had every right to cook on his grill because he was paying for a room. I asked if that meant that every guest could set up a grill, and the reply was "Yes, ma'am." I suggested that this was a fire hazard, especially since there were so many kids running around the area. All of this meant a long, noisy, smoky afternoon when we were trying to rest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Spangdahlem, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I loved the fact that my pets could come with us when we changed stations in August. Unfortunately we got a corner room and this hotel seems to be a place for bikers to hang out. So the motorcycles were loud, otherwise we were very pleased.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit Wikked Wings in the hotel. Great wings. Oh and avoid corner rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Ashley S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, but regret to hear that you experienced noise issues. After looking into the matter, this is not a typical occurrence. We believe that Wikked Wings hosted a "biker" night that evening as we have not had any motorcycle groups stay at the hotel recently. We will make sure to communicate better with the restaurant in the future so that this is not a recurring issue. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention. 100% guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We hope you enjoy your time in Sumter, SC! Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn!

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'd have to say the place gets my good review. It's a well maintained BUDGET....BUDGET hotel. I stayed for a steal. Good rooms with the typical need for bathroom updates and maybe some carpet. Pool was closed but no big deal, it's October. Check in staff was waiting up for me..LOL!! If you're just passing through or visiting family like I was, check this place out...NO BEDBUGS BTW...Clean, fresh linen and great bleach smells.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank plcarty
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My company doesn't reimburse, but for a certain amount when staying overnight so we typically go with those in the Choice Hotels Franchise. However, my stay here was nothing short of a nightmare. The first room I was placed in was BEDBUG CENTRAL! The mattress was covered in them. Once spotted, I immediately reported them and moved to another room. The next room was just as nasty and I'm pretty sure this room had them as well. Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all and I had meetings all day the next day. Basically, this was a trip from HELL. I tried not to judge upon arrival because I never would have voluntarily stayed at such a place where you enter from the outside and there's guys sitting outside smoking on coolers, but I definitely should have listened to my instincts. AND I still had to pay for my stay. Throughout college and high school I worked in the Vacation Rentals Industry in North Myrtle Beach and refunded tons of money due to a list of things, ESPECIALLY BED BUGS! Nonetheless, do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Alexis J,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay. We appreciate all feedback as we constantly strive toward service excellence and complete guest satisfaction. Obviously, we would take a bed bug matter very seriously, and there is nothing in our past logs that suggest we have had any issue reported as you suggested. We have had an outside company come in and inspect all rooms after your complaint, and nothing was found. Again, we take the safety of our guests and the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously.

If you could please email me at Katie.Register@marriott.com providing further clarification and the details of your stay, I would truly appreciate it. We could not find anything on file in accordance with your screenname, so perhaps it is listed under a different name. Again, your help is appreciated.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Travelers are raving about these Sumter hotels

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room was old. The carpet was frayed. Guys sitting outside of their rooms in lounge chairs with their coolers. Not sure if this is redneck heaven or where homeless people live. Very nice staff members, but you enter your rooms from the parking lot/sidewalk, and i felt unsafe there.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Melinda A
Katie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Melinda A,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that our team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review. Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities. We recognize that there are great properties in Sumter and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations. In regards to the gentleman outside of their rooms, was there a noise issue? If not, we cannot demand that guests not sit outside of their rooms. They are paying guests as well, and perhaps just wanted to get a little fresh air. We would hope that if this made a guest uncomfortable or there was a noise issue, that the staff would be notified immediately so that proper action could be taken. Complete guest satisfaction is and always has been our number one priority. We want to make sure each and every guest feels safe, comfortable, and right at home.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

With highest regards,