“King Cut Prime Rib”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone:(803) 469-8502
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Read the reviews on tripadvisor which got our attention to come here.
We ordered fried green tomatoes for our appetizer. It was served on a bed of lettuce with seven slices of fried green tomatoes. It was very nicely done.I ordered the king cut prime rib. You got to choose two sides with it. I chose the BBQ sweet potatoe chips and sautéed green beans. I ordered my prime rib medium. The prime rib was great I think it had little more fat on it than I liked but that's what to expect from prime rib.The sweet potatoe chips tasted just like a regular bbq chip. It was crispy just as if I went to the store and got a bag of BBQ chips. The sautéed green beans wasn't what I liked for sautéed green beans. My husband ordered the 14oz. Rib Eye which came with I think it was a horseradish cheese sauce, didn't care too much for the sauce, but the steak was very good. Also he ordered the fried okra and collards. The Rib eye was cook perfect to his taste. He said the collards tasted sweet which he liked. The okra was fried perfect too. The total was $60. We would go back.

1  Thank Rachel N

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a party of (6) including a baby in a high chair, and both the staff as well as the food made for a great dining experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The owners of SSB put out some of the best food in the area. I had the Shrimp & Grits, and tried some of the Duck.....it was amazing. Great atmosphere with classy/yet local attitude.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very clean, great service, and the menu has many items that aren't easy to find in the local area. Personally, I like the Shepard's Pie, and it always comes out in a generous portion. We always recommend this restaurant to friends and familiy visiting from out of town.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

To avoid the ordinary, boring food choices select this restaurant for lunch or dinner. It's a small place in a strip mall on Wesmark Blvd. but not difficult to find. Either Wayne or Gayle Dennis will greet you at the door and make you feel very welcomed. Their son is the chef and creative master of the cuisine. An example of one of the menu items is the Prime Rib Melt which consists of prime rib, jack cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, horseradish mayo, & au jus served on herb parmesan bread. Sounds mouth watering, right? It is along with the crab cakes topped with remoulade sauce, rotisserie chicken with apple cinnamon chutney, and boneless pork chop with strawberry BBQ sauce. On a more standard fare note is their hamburger (order and you can get a whiff of the smoky aroma of it as its being cooked) which is not too large or too small and you can also get the fries which are sliced with the skin left on reminiscent of the old fashioned way of cooking French fries. Other than the large plate meals and sandwiches, the menu offers salads, soup, and please save room for the desserts (the marscapone cake is the piece de resistance). This is one of the best places to eat in Sumter which has very few restaurants and those mostly consist of chains. Lunch and dinner offer a good variety of choices with the dinner menu being a little bit more expensive. The only downside to this place is their choice of background music because it doesn't go along with the above average menu items. The music is Country which I associate with bars or barbque restaurants. I wish they didn't feel that they needed any music at all because it can be a countermeasure to the atmosphere and enjoyment of the food since everyone doesn't have the same taste in music as in food preferences.

1  Thank cruiseaddict97