“Great food, reasonably priced”

Palmetto Oyster House
Ranked #5 of 140 Restaurants in Sumter
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A new casual restaurant that just opened 15 August 2011. We thought the crab balls and crab cake truly outstanding! 803-607-9498
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a really neat place, casual in decor and the food is consistently great! Tuesday's & Thursday's they have Shrimp & Grits as a special. It is the best I have ever had, you have got to try it! They have some great appetizers and they are big enough to have as a meal. This is one of my favorite places to eat in Sumter! They are closed on Sunday's.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family has been to the Oyster House a handfull of times and always had great customer service, wonderful wait staff and the food/bar selection is great. By far the best restruant Sumter has to offer!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Awesome place to enjoy a savory meaty cheesecake(to me more like a quiche) good service,good food at a nice price. Try their fried mac and cheese!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

the crab dip was awesome .. the rest of my meal did not impress me for the price. Service was mediocre at best

2  Thank Johnnie S
Reviewed December 5, 2012

So Dad decides to offer up a suggestion while we were visiting during Thanksgiving week--mind you, I'm originally from Sumter but live via the USAF elsewhere. At any rate, we understand that Sumter has a problem with choice of restaurants and this one did not sit well with us. The atmosphere is what we expected and the staff was quite nice and hospitable. On the other hand, the food is where it fell. The crab legs (shell) were soft and did not 'snap' and were cold, they were sent back and all they did was stick back in a steamer, tasted horrid; salad had brown tips on the lettuce; fried oysters were overcooked; french fries were on the cold and soft side. On the upside, the tea and beer was great!

1  Thank ATC_EWD_Voyagers