“WISH I COULD MOVE IN!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Richmond, KY
“WISH I COULD MOVE IN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Conveniently located to Air Force Base, mall and major highways. Starting with the reservations, the check-in, the sparkling pool, the breakfast and the housekeeping ladies, I could not have asked for a lovelier stay. I have been to the Country Inn twice and will return again with my friends next time. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is always best! Don't hesitate to notify management of any dissatisfaction; they will...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had made reservations in advance and set price. When I arrived the front desk attendent informed me that the manager/owner of hotel would not honor price because of it being on the weekend. Very rude!! This hotel has done this to me more than once and I guess I should have learned. Way too noisy...room condition is average at best. Other hotels in the area will be getting my business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Casey U, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sumter, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello John Black,

As we talked before, We have account with your company (CLC), in which you get a room at 45% discount when you're traveling for work but this was leisure trip.

We would still give you 20-25% discount since you're the same guest. I am so sorry about whole thing. We never heard anything about room condition or noise, should this happen please let us know so that we can take immediate appropriate steps.

Travelers are raving about these Sumter hotels

Sumter, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hotel was booked by on line travel agency. Room was booked for four nights, and pre-paid. If it had not been for that we would have checked out once we got to the room and found out they cannot de-feather the bed. Hotel cannot accommodate individuals allergic to feather pillows. Had to go by some pillows. On the first nite people were talking loud in the halls pass 1 a.m. Called the fromt desk four times, no assistance. I had to go out and ask them to quiet down. Didn't help and the desk clerk didn't do anything about it. On the second day, the elevator broke, and again people was making noise and drinking on the second floor. Called the clerk twice noise calmed down but picked up again around 11:00 p.m. This was one of the worst hotel stay ever and it's not worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Casey U, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sumter, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to complete your reponse for Country Inns & Suites. In reviewing your response I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable. I wanted to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and make sure the areas that you found unacceptable are corrected.
My staff and I would like to apologize sincerely for your experience and hope that you will give us another try if your ever in the area again.
Please feel free to contact me directly if your travel brings you back to the area, and I will make sure that we will meet and exceed your expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time to respond, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our stay at Holiday Inn was very comfortable.
Here is what we liked
Breakfast spread was good and had vegetarian varieties
Rooms are clean and quite comfortable
Staff is helpful and courteous
MRT trains are not in walking distance though Bus stops are conveniently located
Complimentary Shuttle to Orchard Road is useful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I Stayed several times at this place and always had a very good experience. Great service and clean rooms.I am glad that I found a good hotel after having bad experiences at other hotels across the street.
Staff at this hotel is very good and courteous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

As I look at other reviews it is very ironic that a hotel would get horrible reviews during the same weekend from two different customers. First off the customer service sucks. It took me 35 min to check (already had reservations). There was only one person in front of me. Room was ok however the carpet was stained. There was bumping and hammering going on all thru the night. I woke up at 8am to a drilling noise from the next room. I called the desk and made a complaint. The front desk rep told me work is getting done to the room and the handy man has untl 12 noon to finish. I thought I was in the twight light zone. The front desk rep explained to about a problem that had absolutly nothing to do with the level of service im expecting when im a paying customer. My family left room eairly the next morning around 930am. We did not arrive back to the hotel until 11pm. As im comming in I ask the front desk rep for extra towels, she said one min. Well that one min turned into 40min. She could not find clean towels for 40min. As im.waiting in the lobby my wife calls from the room and say no one cleaned the room. The was exactly the same way we left it that morning. This hotel sucks. Im going to go back to bed before the drilling starts

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank tonyswiggs
Casey U, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sumter, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am so sorry for your disappointment as the renovation person came in at 9:00 to get start the work as we are upgrading. I am sorry about other issues as I like to compensate for this trouble. Please email me at cx_susc@countryinns.com
Summerville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Some how our reservation was messed up. We did not get the 2 room suite that we reserved and paid for. The desk attempted to find us a suite, but they were all booked. She said only the GM could handle the rate difference, and that we could call him on Tuesday when he came in, this is 6 days after our stay. In addition to the reservation issue, the room itself was very much in need of some TLC. The room has stains on the carpet and the bathroom was not clean. I am very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to again apologize for all your trouble with your reservation. I thank you for taking the time to write a review expressing your concerns. ALL feedback in areas where we can improve is welcomed. I'm glad to know all the billing issues have been resolved. However, should you further concerns and/or questions, please don't hesitate to call or email me at cx_susc@countryinns.com