“Good Place to Stay”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sumter, SC
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Lately I have been staying at this hotel every time when I visit to Sumter and it has been very good. I have stayed other hotels Hi Express, Hampton, Candlewood but dirty/dusty room, rude staff or what not.

At Country Inns and Suites, staff that takes care of me, good breakfast, walk to 5 restuarants, working high speed internet so overall It has been good with me...... no compliants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family stumbled upon this hotel while we were traveling through Sumter. This hotel offers excellent service and amenities for the rate. I loved their breakfast and friendly service staff. I highly recommend this hotel not only to my friends but also to those who are looking for a perfect night stay in Sumter, SC.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed there on a previous trip. The front desk staff transferred one reservation from one Country Inn and Suites to the Sumter one. We were told that it was cancelled and the reservation was transferred, but that didn't happen. Got charged twice. Everything was broken (pool, fitness center, door locks, internet). Smoking in non-smoking rooms, management did nothing for us that don't smoke. As a previous guest mentioned, the bathrooms are not very clean. Talked to the manager/owner to try and get reimbursed for the overcharge, but no resolution. Took no ownership of why his staff lied to his monetary benefit. Staff was RUDE during the stay. Parking is a nightmare. Go to Holiday Inn Express. They don't charge you to use he washer and dryer and it is clean, and the equipment in the fitness center is nice, and the internet works. Apparently, this is the only hotel on that strip that this manager owner doesn't own.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

On the 14th of April, I booked a room at the hotel. The stay was going well until I saw a large roach in the bathroom. The next morning, as I was checking out, I was asked how my stay was by the clerk. I told her the stay went well until I saw a huge roach in the bathroom late during the night. She was nice enough to apologize for this. She stated "I wold like the manager to know. Maybe he will do something for you." Honestly, I was not looking for anything to be done for me. She called up the manager and explained the situation. The manager responded saying to tell me I could get 1500 points towards a room in the future. The manager then called back immediately and told the clerk to tell me that I could get $10.00 off of the rate I paid for the room which was $104.00 and change. I told her to tell the manager to keep his points and his $10.00-- I would rather blog about it instead. Just so you know---This place has roaches! The workers at the hotel were great. Very helpful and professional. They all get an A++
Shirley Thomas
Charlotte NC

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SHIRLEY T
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have spend many nights, in several states, and all the Country Inn and Suites hotels display the same culture towards their customers. The culture that is being displayed with this hotel chain surround these things: Customer Service, clean rooms, breakfast, etc. I will continue to support this hotel chain until their service falls below these standards.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yardman71
Reviewed January 16, 2012

nice enough hotel - far enough from the main road so that was quiet - but the other guests need to learn manners - like not yelling,laughing, slamming car doors in the parking lot @ 2 AM and how to lower their voices and TVs in their room - nothing the hotel staff can do, but what should have been a peaceful night's sleep seemed anything but - breakfast left alot to be desired as well - limpy hash browns and powdered eggs - but you get what you pay for (free)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel when I couldn't stay at the Hampton Inn because it was booked. The Hampton Inn staff recommended this place to me. It was about what I expected, clean and comfortable. The staff and the breakfast were just average. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. I would stay here again, but only if the Hampton Inn was booked.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family