“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Chapin, SC
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel when I couldn't stay at the Hampton Inn because it was booked. The Hampton Inn staff recommended this place to me. It was about what I expected, clean and comfortable. The staff and the breakfast were just average. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. I would stay here again, but only if the Hampton Inn was booked.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburg, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We have a family of 6, so finding affordable, clean, and comfortable travel accommodations can be a challenge. Country Inn and Suites fit the bill and then some. The rates were more than reasonable, especially considering all the other hotels would have required us to book two separate rooms. Not all had adjoining rooms available and we did not feel comfortable staying in separate rooms unless absolutely necessary.

The rooms were spacious enough for us and our luggage. We weren't tripping over our things or over each other. It was a welcoming atmosphere both inside and out, a boon to weary travelers cooped-up in a vehicle for hours on end. The included breakfast also helped us re-charge the next morning. The selections were plentiful enough that each of us were able to find something to suit our taste. It saved us time from having to stop again to eat along the way. The coffee was excellent and service, friendly.

What more can you ask? We will undoubtedly look for Country Inn and Suites for all our future hotel stays.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Arnold
Reviewed August 16, 2011

It is way out of the way from 95. Not just miles, but not an easy drive. And not worth the trip. Anywhere else would have been just as good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I would recommend this hotel. After staying one night at a horrible hotel we moved to this one. They let us check in early. When we had to extend our stay they gave us our discounted rate. The rooms are nice, modern, and clean. They also had a decent breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The hotel is in a great location. There are restaurants near and a Walmart. I loved how comfortable the room was. They also had a continental breakfast. The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel is the walls are very thin. When I walked by someone's room, I could hear them coughing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Plan to stay here next year when I go to the Southern 500 Nascar race in Darlington, SC. The hotel staff who was very friendly. I was also satisfied with the price of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Sweetness01
Louisville, KY
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here last week. The hotel is conveniently located right on the main street, just before the busy traffic starts. The lobby and in fact, the entire hotel, was very clean and well-run. Although we didn''t utilize it, there was a lending library available with comfortable seating. The service was very good, the room and in fact, all amenities were very clean and in excellent condition. The beds (we requested 2 queen beds) were comfortable with lots of pillows and very nice duvets. The room furnishings were of good quality and ample for the room. I really loved the bathroom, which afforded plenty of space for personal toiletries to be kept on the counter near the sink. The pool area and the exercise room were well-maintained and very clean. We were very pleased with the breakfast provided each morning. The selections were many and included freshly scrambled eggs, muffins, biscuits, various types of bagels, sausages, and make-yourself waffles, along with cereal and oatmeal. The attendant kept the tables clean and the food stocked. The hotel employees were friendly and helpful, well dressed and represented the hotel well.

We were more than pleased with our stay and will look for other Country Inn and Suites facilities when we travel.

Room Tip: We received a great price through Priceline.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel has been very good with me as I have stayed several times in past months or so. I have also stayed in other hotels but none compare with this one.

Safe and Secure, Plenty of Parking, Walking distance to IHOP, Applebees, Chillis and Logan Steakhouse.

Great New Management in place who is been fantastic to see taking care of customers, excellent breakfast, INDOOR POOL, nice, new and clean rooms.

For business or pleasure I would only recommended this hotel in sumter.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business