“Very average. Probably will stay elsewhere next time.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sumter
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed August 16, 2011

It is way out of the way from 95. Not just miles, but not an easy drive. And not worth the trip. Anywhere else would have been just as good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I would recommend this hotel. After staying one night at a horrible hotel we moved to this one. They let us check in early. When we had to extend our stay they gave us our discounted rate. The rooms are nice, modern, and clean. They also had a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The hotel is in a great location. There are restaurants near and a Walmart. I loved how comfortable the room was. They also had a continental breakfast. The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel is the walls are very thin. When I walked by someone's room, I could hear them coughing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Plan to stay here next year when I go to the Southern 500 Nascar race in Darlington, SC. The hotel staff who was very friendly. I was also satisfied with the price of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Sweetness01
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here last week. The hotel is conveniently located right on the main street, just before the busy traffic starts. The lobby and in fact, the entire hotel, was very clean and well-run. Although we didn''t utilize it, there was a lending library available with comfortable seating. The service was very good, the room and in fact, all amenities were very clean and in excellent condition. The beds (we requested 2 queen beds) were comfortable with lots of pillows and very nice duvets. The room furnishings were of good quality and ample for the room. I really loved the bathroom, which afforded plenty of space for personal toiletries to be kept on the counter near the sink. The pool area and the exercise room were well-maintained and very clean. We were very pleased with the breakfast provided each morning. The selections were many and included freshly scrambled eggs, muffins, biscuits, various types of bagels, sausages, and make-yourself waffles, along with cereal and oatmeal. The attendant kept the tables clean and the food stocked. The hotel employees were friendly and helpful, well dressed and represented the hotel well.

We were more than pleased with our stay and will look for other Country Inn and Suites facilities when we travel.

Room Tip: We received a great price through Priceline.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel has been very good with me as I have stayed several times in past months or so. I have also stayed in other hotels but none compare with this one.

Safe and Secure, Plenty of Parking, Walking distance to IHOP, Applebees, Chillis and Logan Steakhouse.

Great New Management in place who is been fantastic to see taking care of customers, excellent breakfast, INDOOR POOL, nice, new and clean rooms.

For business or pleasure I would only recommended this hotel in sumter.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk clerk by the name Sertta was very nice and was very professional. I refered the hotel to my co-workers and they commented on the services as being genuine, I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2010

No such thing as Fresh complimentary cookies cause they never had any in the tray the entire time we were there for four days straight. The lounge area was closed down by 10 pm, so no fresh coffee was ever available. The second day, housekeeping never came and then accused us of skipping service. "Yes, of course, I wanted to pay $100 a night and use my old, wet towels, make up my own beds, and take out my own trash while on vacationing!" As if that wasn't bad enough, they "claim" that my children were noisy, yet we heard other kids jumping about at 5 am in the morning! THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL. I would recommend you stay at another hotel down the road because there's 15 other hotels available and has better service and attitude. Southern hospitality is not to be found! Finally, the parking area is bad. Be prepared to park in the dirt because no space is available in the front of the building where you must enter. This Hotel was very disappointing to us, we decided to check out early.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family