“front desk clerk stole money”
Review of Days Inn Sumter

Days Inn Sumter
Days Inn Sumter
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Reviewed July 14, 2011

i have stayed at this hotel about 20 times.i,m there because of business .i own a woman shoe and clothing store.some of the employee there realize i had product on my business trip,and would purchase bags and shoes from me.
one front desk clerk,by the name of ashley,purchase a bag from me.at the time she did not have the money,and promise when her shift change you would bring the money to my room.that never happen.
i took it to the owner wife,the satursday i check out,plus i told the manager.they said it was not there business.upon my return to that hotel,they informed me i could not stay a that days inn,but could go to another one of there property.i refuse.
first,the custmer is always right,and in this case im right,and managerment knows im right
but they refuse to take action.
as a business owner,my eploymee are not allow to mangle with the guest,plus i would address any problem with my employee and custumer.who else does ashley steal from?im probably the first one to voice it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 18, 2011

“Clean, Quiet Budget Hotel”
Good:
Good customer service/response for very late check-ins. Good location close to food, shopping, gas, etc. Close to AFB but far enough Continental breakfast just okay. Free WIFI is a major plus. I changed rooms after arrival and at staff suggestion even though problems were minor. Moved from double to king suite. Both rooms were clean and bedroom bed setups were a nice touch.
Bad:
Minor issues during stay included: noisy air/heat unit, very noticeable peeling wallpaper, no "Do Not Disturb" sign, noisy bathroom light/fan, TV remote missing back cover, chair to desk missing (staff delivered chair within 10m of request), and shower leaked behind shower wall when shower was on. Most annoying/disappointing: Maintenance banged on door before it was time for me to checkout to supposedly inquire about a curtain rod (non emergency which could have waited until I checked out of the room) and Housekeeping entered room without knocking and before it was time for me to checkout. Maintenance and upkeep could use attention and would certainly have made a difference in my rating.
Overall
Overall the stay was quiet, the room and bathroom were clean, the location was good, I felt safe, and customer service/response was good. Decent and inexpensive for a short 1-2 day stay. For a cheap, quick, clean place to sleep for a night or 2 it's fine. As typical 4-5star hotel traveler,I wouldn't recommend for more than a night or two if there are no better choices.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank tayoka
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Nice hotel, clean bed, sheets and bathroom. This hotel is showing its age, but they have kept it looking good. Nice pool, mininium breakfast(cant complain, it's free) Quiet area off major highway. Would I recomend this place, yes. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank funtyme210
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Out of the 4 hotels in a 2 Week period this was my worse experience. I've been traveling for over 30 Years now and this was the first time I've ever been checked out of a hotel during a stay and downsized to another room. I would not recommend this place for anyone to stay I do not even consider this a 1 star Motel, should not be in Days Inn inventory.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2008

PLEASE...I BEG YOU....DO NOT....I REPEAT...DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
They have bed bugs. I have over 50 bites all over my body from just a one night stay at this mess. I would have preferred to stay in my car!!! Not to mention that now I have to spend countless dollars to disinfect my home because I may have brought some of these unwanted guests back with me. Whatever you do...please please please do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MoBetta78
Reviewed May 11, 2008

This is a nice property overall. The same guy that owns this owns the Holiday Inn Express and the Comfort Inn. This is reflected in some of the furnishing here as well! Check out the Hol-Inn-Exp breakfast equip.
The room was pretty good overall and the beds were nice. The breakfast was not anything to write home about.
Our stay would have been fine except for the fact that we were next to a lot of construction workers who were bar-b-quing and drinking and arguing until quite late.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2007

It wasn't too bad of a stay. The room was clean, the hotel staff was helpful. The only problem we had was the hot tub didn't work. It was late at night and when we called the front desk, the staff offered to let us switch rooms, but we were leaving the next morning, so stayed in the room anyway. We would stay there again if we go back to Sumter.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family