“Nice place to stay.....”
Review of Hampton Inn Sumter

Hampton Inn Sumter
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Wilmington, Nc
“Nice place to stay.....”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A nice hotel in Sumter, SC. We love Hampton Inns, and this one was no disappointment. Friendly staff, great service, great breakfast, clean rooms. No complaints whatsoever. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Sumter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryal521

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Little River, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a very convenient Hotel... Good restaurants and shopping within a one mile radius of the Hotel. Easy in an out from major highways. We've stayed at other motels in the area. This one is cleaner and safer than others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Mason, tn
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travel a lot and usually try to stay at chains like the Hampton because I can expect a certain level of excellence. I was really disappointed with this property. I had a reservation and got to he hotel at about 1 A.M.. It took about 5 minutes for the front desk clerk to show up. That should have been my first clue. He checked us in to room 311 and when we got up there it smelled damp and moldy. Upon turning on some lights it became readily apparent that there had been a leak in the roof. There were some amateurish patches in the ceiling but still showed cracks and mold, I called down to the desk, another 3 minute wait for him to answer and told him that the room wouldn't do. He agreed to switch my room and I even showed him some pictures I took. I advised him that the room should be put out of service and repaired as it could make someone sick.
My next room was 305 and it was fine -- except the sound on the TV was intermittent and there was a little mold in the caulk in the tub.
The next morning I did have an excellent breakfast in the lobby and the attendant was great.
After breakfast I asked for the manager and was told he wasn't in. The desk ckerk listened to what I had gone through the night before and just comped the room. What was disturbing was she looked at room 311 in the computer and came up with a different name. The clerk had rented the room to someone else AFTER he had switched me. This is not good.
I did notice that they had pulled the water stained chair out of the room when I went back upstairs and hopefully had taken it out of service until it could be properly treated and fixed.
This is all indicative of a housekeeping staff that's not well trained. Don't think I'd return to that hotel if I were in Sumter again.

Room Tip: Stay off the 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great hotel, friendly staff, but keykcards unable to hold promgramming ruined my 10 day stay. Trudging back down to the lobby multiple times every day to get a new program on my door card was extemely tiresome, and left me not wanting to leave my room for ice or meals even. Fraid i could'y get back in again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend while visiting family in the area. Debra, the General Manager and Jatika the office manager, both went out of their way to make sure that we were happy with our room and had what we needed for our stay. The staff at breakfast was more than accommodating. The area was very clean, tidy, and well stocked. Housekeeping did an exceptional job to clean and restock our room with everything needed for our stay with 2 children. I travel every week for work and as a Hilton Diamond member, the customer service we received at this hotel was 2nd to none!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ask for Jimmy if you are traveling late. Tell him the guy traveled to and from Orlando sent you. Great guy and excellent hotel. My family felt safe and the accommodations were excellent. Plenty of places to eat and Walmart just across the street if you have to spend more than one night there. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Thank W. Lamont S
Sumter, SC, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff is helpful and courteous. This was the worst breakfast in any Hilton facility in which I have been a guest. The milk that I took from the breakfast bar was thick and sour. The microwavable sandwiches are particularly bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business