“Pleasant Experience”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Rock Hill, SC
“Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were in Summerville due to a death in the fsmily. The staff at the front desk were wonderful and accommodating. At a time like that, you would hope that people would be, but that is not always true. The room was clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the sitting area. On our third night, we traded rooms and they even offered to move us. The breakfast was outstanding. We have family in the area and wil definately return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is only the second review I’ve written. I really am a person with a positive attitude and easily accommodated. However, I must submit another negative review. I have visited 47 of the 50 states. The missing three are in the lower 48. Traveled numerous countries all over Asia and have enjoyed ventures into Canada. Endured some bad and enjoyed many splendid stays. I selected the Comfort Suites as it is situated very close to the location of our family function, and afforded us an opportunity to take advantage of their military discount offering. Let me begin.

The staff was amicable at check in/out. Parking is at the door to the room. The complimentary breakfast I found to be to our liking. That’s the good. Runs amuck from here on.

The carpet must not have been vacuumed. I picked up a few discarded wrappers, and a Bartle & James bottle cap from the floor. Couldn’t locate any full bottles, so I felt assured that housekeeping did enter the room. Summerville is in the south, but, in December we did require some heat. Thankfully the TV had sufficient volume to successfully mask the noise generated from the heating unit. The cover of which would not close completely, and just hung on its hinges, as if it were undecided to be open or closed. I could view the outside looking along the edge of the unit as the weatherstripping was missing. Fortunately not a large enough gap to negate the room’s security. Some of the room’s furnishings require replacement. Tears in the chair as an example. The bathroom is small with another of those 13 inch or less stools. I’m not physically challenged by any means, but I simply despise feeling like I’m taking a squat in the woods. Most especially when I’m indoors. Attempting to remove some tissue from the dispenser it became detached and escaped out the bathroom door. Fortunately my wife was able to exercise a most skillful punt return, and I am mechanically skilled enough, to properly secure that pesky tissue back in its holder.

Beware of their online photos, as our quarters were nothing even similar. Military discount withstanding, one stay was sufficient for us. When attending our next family function you will find us across the street. Maybe we’ll see you there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SMSgtRod

Travelers are raving about these Summerville hotels

Richmond Hill, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

Made my reservation on line and recieved a good rate. I even called the hotel directly and spoke with someone securing my reservation with 2 rooms that were ajoined and a rollaway bed. Arrived the night (9pm) of the reservation and proceeded to check in. They did NOT give me my online booked rate, I did NOT get an ajoining room and there was NOT a rollaway bed available. After check in we drove around to our rooms which were on the 2nd. floor. As were unloading our vehicles in the parking lot with our children, we were robbed at gunpoint. He took cash and some of our belongings. The hotel does NOT have any type of security cameras in the parking lot. Thank God no one was physically harmed. We are 2 mothers that were there for a softball tournament and we had several children with us. This man has not been caught as of this review. I do not recommend this hotel to women traveling alone with or without children. This man watched us from the bushes as we were checking in. He targeted us knowing that we were without our husbands. For your own safety softballs moms... Stay in an enclosed hotel especially with children. I feel very bad writing this review but the area is just not safe. Needless to say we did NOT stay there that evening nor will we ever!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank lackey01
south carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

Over priced!!!!!!!! Dried ??? stains on comforter - very gross!!!
Besides the waffles in the morning, I wouldn't plan on a good start with their breakfast. Go a few steps down to the waffle house. (Hint to families staying for softball tournaments - it is common for the girls to have a banana for breakfast to help get them going on the field so early in the morning but when we asked if they had bananas we were told they did not put out bananas. Asked if they were just out but they do not carry them.)
Biggest concern was that I secured my reservation by using my credit card and when I checked out I paid by using my credit card. When I got home to check my bank acct. a few days later, they had billed me twice. I am waiting on a call back!!!
(The extra charges appeared 4 days after I had checked out!)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unauthorized use of my credit card!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank No19SoftballMom
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2007

Staff was nice enough, but the rooms are, frankly, worn out: Our room had cracks in the sink, a towel rack barely hanging in the wall, hot iron impressions in the carpet, lumpy caulking and mold fringing the tub and sink: a room that had been beat to death. In short, it has seen better days. There were signs that renovations are being prepared, but they haven't begun yet. We were there for Flowertown Festival and it was the only room available, but at $90/night it was $25 to $30 overpriced for what you get. There are brand new rooms in the area for $65 to $70 that constitute a much better value. Stay away until they renovate and lower the prices!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rocketman327
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

The room was clean. No odors. Fully equipped with a tv, microwave, refridgerator, iron, hair dryer. The A/C did its job - quietly. No highway noise.

The room is spartan. It will not compete with the big boys, but is fine to sleep, shower, and leave. With two in the bed, if one is restless, so will be the other.

The continental breakfast was better than its competition. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, cererals, fruit, pastries. The breakfast room attendant keeps the place clean and well stocked.

I would not want to spend much time in the room. It would be too small to lounge for long.

There can be a problem finding the entrance to the motel. Coming off I-26, you must cross over 5 lanes of traffic within one block. Then decide which driveway to enter. With commuter traffic, this can be a real challenge.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank StateRef
Stoney Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised upon entering my room at the Comfort Inn. Most exterior access hotels I've been too have had crummy interior decor, very cheap looking, not too clean. Comfort Inn in Summerville was quite the opposite. I walked through the room door to see a very clean, neatly decorated, comfortable room, with plenty of space and a mini fridge and microwave included! The fridge smelled -very- strongly of bleach, almost to the point of making me feel ill, so we just didn't use it. Microwave was very clean and worked well. Bathroom was neat and always well taken care of, and the bed was comfortable. I didn't see a single creepy bug inside the room the whole time I stayed there, however I did see some unpleasant, rather large black spiders at the top of the wall at the ceiling above the stairwell outside. That and the bleach-smelling fridge were about the only unpleasant things about the whole place. The staff is super friendly, and very helpful. The pool was clean 90% of the time, only once I went out to it and saw it had "floaties" in it. Inexpensive too! If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, but quality service, the Comfort Inn in Summerville is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2006