“Great Hospitality and Nice Rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Summerville
Lexington NC
“Great Hospitality and Nice Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I know I'm not supposed to review a hotel before I leave but we've been stranded here for 5 days now with a broken down truck and I figured since I have so much time on my hands I could give this review the extra time it deserves. There are several other hotels in the immediate area but either the reviews were horrible or the price was to high. This one settled right in the middle but the outstanding service has made it more than worth the few extra dollars we spent. Trucker rates and smoking rooms are available.
I can't say enough good things about our stay in this hotel. Due to the fact that the Freightliner dealer and my company can't communicate like adults we have been left every morning not knowing weather or not we needed the room again and the hotel has been extremely patient and allowed us to stay in the room every day until we got a decision as late as 2:00. After which housekeeping always stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed before they left for the day. Very impressive and greatly appreciated.
Our room is very clean and after 5 days not a bug in sight. The king bed is very comfortable and the linens are of good quality with 5 fluffy pillows. The towels are thick and SOFT and there is plenty of hot water.
We have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and flat screen TV with HBO and Showtime. All of which are clean and in good working order. There is a large desk, comfortable chair by the window and plenty of lamps. The air conditioner works very well and the free WIFI has been excellent.
All the rooms are outside access and even though we are on the street side, traffic noise has not been an issue. The hotel has been surprisingly quiet.
The outdoor pool is clean and pretty warm with decent lounge chairs and a couple tables with umbrellas.
There is a guest laundry with 1 washer and 1 dryer ($1.00 each) and detergent and dryer sheets are available at the front desk. They worked well but they could use a serious cleaning.
There are plenty of vending and ice machines ( all stocked and working)
The breakfast area is very nice and the selection is good. Everything is fresh and well stocked right up to 9:00. Fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, doughnuts, danish, toast, english muffins, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, and hot choc. Hot drinks are also available all the time in the lobby.
Everything you could need is in walking distance. Waffle House, Hardees, Crackerbarrel, Ruby Tuesdays, a Mexican Restaurant, Gas Station and Walmart Supercenter.
The only thing missing is a shuttle service which is surprising considering there is an airport and medical center in the area.
We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The sidewalk around the building is tile and even though it looks very nice it becomes very slippery...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jjkeaton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hotel staff exuded that great Southern hospitality you'd expect, from the front desk staff to the Houskeeping service...great folks. The hotel is an older one, but has been recently renovated. The rooms were clean, smelled fresh (fresher than the Holiday Inn in Mount Pleasant for 2 1/2 times the price!) and although exposed to the parking lot, I felt safe as a single female traveler. This hotel is in a good area with easy access to the interstate taking you in to Charleston, just 25 minutes away. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The photos on the website are an exact representation of your room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura M
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

The service and staff is excellent. They made a room available for us after our other hotel didn't honor our reservation. The front desk manager, Kip, was extremely helpful. He was very accommodating and answered all our questions about where to eat, what to do, where to go, and anything else. He was great. House keeping has been good too. The only thing is that the motel is old and mangy. The bathroom wasn't very clean and the room is very dim lighted, but other than that the accommodation have been good. The free breakfast is good and they have free internet. It's about as good as a motel can get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were in Summerville due to a death in the fsmily. The staff at the front desk were wonderful and accommodating. At a time like that, you would hope that people would be, but that is not always true. The room was clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the sitting area. On our third night, we traded rooms and they even offered to move us. The breakfast was outstanding. We have family in the area and wil definately return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is only the second review I’ve written. I really am a person with a positive attitude and easily accommodated. However, I must submit another negative review. I have visited 47 of the 50 states. The missing three are in the lower 48. Traveled numerous countries all over Asia and have enjoyed ventures into Canada. Endured some bad and enjoyed many splendid stays. I selected the Comfort Suites as it is situated very close to the location of our family function, and afforded us an opportunity to take advantage of their military discount offering. Let me begin.

The staff was amicable at check in/out. Parking is at the door to the room. The complimentary breakfast I found to be to our liking. That’s the good. Runs amuck from here on.

The carpet must not have been vacuumed. I picked up a few discarded wrappers, and a Bartle & James bottle cap from the floor. Couldn’t locate any full bottles, so I felt assured that housekeeping did enter the room. Summerville is in the south, but, in December we did require some heat. Thankfully the TV had sufficient volume to successfully mask the noise generated from the heating unit. The cover of which would not close completely, and just hung on its hinges, as if it were undecided to be open or closed. I could view the outside looking along the edge of the unit as the weatherstripping was missing. Fortunately not a large enough gap to negate the room’s security. Some of the room’s furnishings require replacement. Tears in the chair as an example. The bathroom is small with another of those 13 inch or less stools. I’m not physically challenged by any means, but I simply despise feeling like I’m taking a squat in the woods. Most especially when I’m indoors. Attempting to remove some tissue from the dispenser it became detached and escaped out the bathroom door. Fortunately my wife was able to exercise a most skillful punt return, and I am mechanically skilled enough, to properly secure that pesky tissue back in its holder.

Beware of their online photos, as our quarters were nothing even similar. Military discount withstanding, one stay was sufficient for us. When attending our next family function you will find us across the street. Maybe we’ll see you there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SMSgtRod

Travelers are raving about these Summerville hotels

Richmond Hill, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

Made my reservation on line and recieved a good rate. I even called the hotel directly and spoke with someone securing my reservation with 2 rooms that were ajoined and a rollaway bed. Arrived the night (9pm) of the reservation and proceeded to check in. They did NOT give me my online booked rate, I did NOT get an ajoining room and there was NOT a rollaway bed available. After check in we drove around to our rooms which were on the 2nd. floor. As were unloading our vehicles in the parking lot with our children, we were robbed at gunpoint. He took cash and some of our belongings. The hotel does NOT have any type of security cameras in the parking lot. Thank God no one was physically harmed. We are 2 mothers that were there for a softball tournament and we had several children with us. This man has not been caught as of this review. I do not recommend this hotel to women traveling alone with or without children. This man watched us from the bushes as we were checking in. He targeted us knowing that we were without our husbands. For your own safety softballs moms... Stay in an enclosed hotel especially with children. I feel very bad writing this review but the area is just not safe. Needless to say we did NOT stay there that evening nor will we ever!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank lackey01
south carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

Over priced!!!!!!!! Dried ??? stains on comforter - very gross!!!
Besides the waffles in the morning, I wouldn't plan on a good start with their breakfast. Go a few steps down to the waffle house. (Hint to families staying for softball tournaments - it is common for the girls to have a banana for breakfast to help get them going on the field so early in the morning but when we asked if they had bananas we were told they did not put out bananas. Asked if they were just out but they do not carry them.)
Biggest concern was that I secured my reservation by using my credit card and when I checked out I paid by using my credit card. When I got home to check my bank acct. a few days later, they had billed me twice. I am waiting on a call back!!!
(The extra charges appeared 4 days after I had checked out!)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unauthorized use of my credit card!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family