“Good food, but had a small customer service issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Margarita's

Margarita's
Ranked #83 of 266 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Eastaboga
“Good food, but had a small customer service issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was surpisingly good----we had chorizo tacos and they were great. The guacamole was great, too. We had a customer service issue involving a very, very inebriated customer. They seated us next to a very, very drunk man that was so loud and used such vulgar language (not 4 letter words, but the BIG ones) that we had to move to another seat. We could still hear him, as could every patron in the dining area, but we decided to stay because we were hungry and it was late in the evening. When we explained to our waiter why we wanted to be moved, he lauged nervously and stated the man had had a lot, a lot, a lot to drink that night--apparently he had been there for several hours getting smashed. My issue is, number one: cut him off if he is that drunk; it is the server/bartender's responsibility to cut off someone that is clearly that drunk. Number two: why would they allow this man to disrupt and disturb the other patrons? They should have asked him to leave. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior in a public, supposedly family friendly restaurant. Totally unacceptable--we and the other patrons should not have been subjected to this rude, inconsiderate, drunk, obnoxious person. I am not the profanity police and I am an adult and can ignore things like this most of the time, but there were small children in the restaurant that night that should not have been subjected to this kind of behavior.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kristy M

Summerville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

After receiving my dinner plate, I noticed that it was not prepared as stated on the menu. When I brought it to my waiters attention, he preferred to stand there and argue with me instead of getting it fixed or offering something else. Upon checking out, I asked for a manager, the store owner introduced himself, as only "the store owner". After telling him everything, he basically shrugged me off and said, that's how they are served. I have been ordering the same menu item from them for the last 1 1/2 years and have never had it served the way it was tonight. I paid for my meal and left, never to return or refer anyone, EVER. It's a shame because this was one of my favorite places to eat. Extreme lack of customer service and responsibility found here. So very disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KatherineS965
“Fantastic and different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Margaritas was fantastic! They make your salsa and guacamole table side. Everything was so different and cheap.

Walterboro, South Carolina, United States
“A hidden surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had passed by this place many times and decided to finally stop in on a Friday night. We were seated after walking in and actually bumped in to people we knew. The service was prompt, the staff attentive and the food delectable. A good value was definitely had . Will visit again for sure.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jim S
Elloree, South Carolina
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped to easy a late lunch this afternoon. Margarita's was on our way home. We had driven part on several occasions and finally decided to give it a try. We are glad we did.
We waited only a few moments before we were seated by a smiling, friendly staffer. The waiter was prompt to bring the requisite chips and salsa. The salsa was fresh, but only average. The pleasant surprise was the camarones al mojo de ajo...shrimp sauteed in garlic butter with mushrooms. Perfect! My wife was also pleased with herselection. We will return.

1 Thank MTFleming