“Best place for wings” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Best place for wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have eaten here at least 8 times since we moved here 4.5 months ago. They have never disappointed us, the food is always delicious and the service is always wonderful.

Miami, Florida
“Camaraderie Yes ... Local Culture Yes ... Food No”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Kickin' Chicken should be an obligatory afternoon stop for any non-native passing through the area during football season. The gymnasium-size restaurant, attractively divided into three sections plus bar, is packed to capacity with sports-bonding families, couples, singles, buddies of all colors, shapes, and jersy/cap logos. Every TV set is close-captioned; cheering, clapping, whistling, and booing aren't interrupted by announcers. Dozens of flat screens are placed so that three or four different games are simultaneously visible from every seat in the house.

Then there's the food. Chicken tenders, wings, wraps, and sandwiches. Burgers. Fries.The chicken tenders are dry and the batter bland enough that sauces are needed. Ranch is okay, but Jamaican jerk has a metallic taste, more aluminum than lead.

Restaurants appeal for a variety of reasons - food, atmosphere, service, value, and (as I realized at Kickin' Chicken) camaraderie. For me food comes first.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Parking lot is always packed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Whenever we drove past Kickin’ Chicken on a recent trip to Summerville, the parking lot for Kickin’ Chicken was always packed. One night we (DH, my MIL and me) decided to see what all the fuss was about. First off, the ambience of the restaurant is just OK, but then it’s not a high end place, so no biggie. For our appetizer we had what else? Bobby Fries. It was a nice size dish so three people could share and we still had leftovers. It was delicious. Based on my waiter’s suggestion I had the Cheesesteak (had a kick I was not expecting), DH had the tenders (he liked them and wolfed down his leftovers a couple days later), while my MIL had the same. Service was attentive, the bill was affordable and the food tasty. No surprises, so we will go back next time we’re in town.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trinigirlmd
South Carolina, United States
“Solid Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We had exceptional service at this location...I think his name was Andy but im not sure. He greeted us by intorducing himself and shaking my fiancee's hand (unusual but nice) and he had great reccomendations. Food was out in a flash and was great at a low price!

charlotte nc
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stopped in for lunch. The chicken was amazing. Our group ordered different dishes and the chicken is seasoned and cooked perfectly. From the chicken tenders and many choices of sauces, to the grilled chicken caesar salad and the chicken salad wrap. All were very tasty. Seems that this is a small chain as we did see other locations while we were visiting Charleston.

Visited April 2012