“Mostly Good Food But Rejected Gift Card”
Review of Firewater Grille - CLOSED

Firewater Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Enjoyed good seafood and steak with nice service, though a little pricey. One exception - fresh fruit side dish was anything but...it had fermented. Was promptly replaced with a different side. Unfortunately, when our meal was finished, we were surprised to find out our gift card was not going to be honored because the new owner didn't accept them 2 weeks after taking ownership...no exceptions. Sadly, both our really nice server and polite manager said they couldn't do anything for us and didn't plan to stay there because of this kind of customer-UNFRIENDLY policy of the new owner. Unless this changes, we won't return and can't recommend this local restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Under new ownership. That could be good or bad. So far I am not impressed. They started charging to see the comedians. Most places, if you buy two drinks or two entrees it's free. I will pay when I go but I don't buy drinks anymore or I drink a drink and don't eat. They made more off me before.

The food had been cooked different every time. I would order medium rare and get raw. Ordered medium and got either well done or medium rare. Never what I ordered. Hope the new cook fixes that problem. The shrimp are not as good as they were to my wife but better to me. Bob Shipley is still there as a manager. He says good changes are coming. I hope so. It took us a hour.......yes an hour to get our food.

1  Thank 123manipulator
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went there with a group and found out it was new ownership and a new menu. I ordered PEI mussels, if they were PEI mussels thet were runts of the litter. NOT GOOD. Got a side of fries, trying to remember France. The came late and were burnt. The area is going to explode, they better learn how to serve good food or they'll fade into nothing. I can not recommend.

1  Thank chienee
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We were in Charlotte shopping at ikea and needed a place to eat. It was 9:30 and we were starving. We couldn't get into a place that was recommended so we were told to go to firewater. The wine list was extensive and the menu nicely varied. We all had very good meals except for my husband whose meat was prepared perfectly but the piece of steak was really gristly. We enjoyed sitting out on the patio and had a pleasant evening.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped in on a Sunday and were very disappointed to find the menu had been completely changed. As soon as we sat down we were informed of the change in ownership. The menu that at one time was diverse and appealing had been gutted to nothing. We ordered appetizers and a sandwich but were told the sandwhich could not be altered to our taste so we didn't get it. The sambuca oysters were gritty and not fit for consumption. Then the bill came. $47 for 4 drinks and 2 appetizers. To top it off we had to go to Ruby Tuesday to eat because we were still hungry. Don't waste your money.