“TERRIBLE Course Management -- Coosaw Creek Is A Better Course”

The Golf Club at Wescott Plantation
Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE Course Management -- Coosaw Creek Is A Better Course”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Do NOT play this course in the afternoon. I tried to play this course the afternoon of April 23. I started at approximately 2:45. All went well until I finished the first nine holes. As I approached the tee box for the second nine hole, I was stunned and appalled by what I saw.

I had followed two twosomes around the first nine holes. Suddenly, the two groups had exploded to four foursomes waiting on the tee box, another one on the fairway, and a third on the green. I quickly grasped what this meant -- I was facing 3+ hours of miserable waiting before the sun would end my incomplete round.

I went to the starter and asked what had happened. She politely explained: "Oh, we have leagues in the afternoon and you will just have to wait."

Say what? I had paid my money, played my first nine, and now I was being moved to the back of the bus. Rather than fight the impossible, I made a U-turn to the parking lot and left. Of course, no one at the course apologized, offered me a refund or a rain check for 9 holes, or even seemed to care.

Moral of the story: do NOT play here if there is a possibility that you will be starting your second nine holes between 4:15 and 5:30.

Now for comments on the course. This is a subpar Hurzdan design. I have played multiple courses, which he has designed. I generally like what he does with golf courses. However, this is a mediocre design. I suspect that he was limited financially with what he was permitted to do.

The condition of the course was average at best and the frequent detention ponds had an aroma that made me long for inhaling an outhouse aroma instead.

To add insult to injury, there was no ranger on the course, drinking water at any hole, or beverage cart.

If you want to play golf in this area, the much better choice -- which is very close -- is Coosaw Creek, which Arthur Hills designed.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank ColoradoGolfTraveler

Rochester, Indiana
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Decent Course”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

There are three 9 holes courses at this facility. Only two of the three were available during my visit. There was no starter or facility personnel to keep pace of play moving. During my visit it was busy and extremely slow, nobody was in a hurry or willing to allow us to play through. We actually contemplated leaving and going somewhere else while we were waiting on the first tee box. They did have nice newer electric Yamaha carts, no GPS. All three courses showed up in my Golfshot App, however one hole appeared to be wrong in the app. The clubhouse/dining room/bar is very nice, with a small locker room/bathroom. Pro shop seemed to have all you would need in it if you happened to forget something. They had a nice range, and you got a reasonable amount of balls for the price. Fairways and greens were various strains of Bermuda Grasses, both well maintained with very fast greens. The bar is a bit pricey, 2 shots and John Daly was $18, and hot dogs were pretty skinny with huge hoagie buns. But the course played well and was in decent shape during my visit.

Visited September 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great venue to have a party..”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I attended a wedding here and also the reception afterwards at this location, and it was a very beautiful place. The service was wonderful and the food was amazing. The staff was plentiful and very attentive to everyone's needs. There was plenty of room for the outside covered wedding then the reception was inside. We had a very large buffet style dinner with a lot of great food and plenty of room for guest to sit and eat. There was a large area for the dance floor and we all had a great time. There was also ample parking for everyone. The bathrooms were very clean and spacious also. If you need a place to have a party, this is a great one. A job well done... Congratulations to exceeding my expectations.

Visited August 2013
Summerville
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Golf and Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

27 hole golf course - play 18 or all 27. Well kept and challenging but also fun.

The main dining area is spacious and they have great dinner meals as well as lunch available during your golf outing or just come by for dinner. It is an experience in and of itself.

Visited June 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Reasonable Fees”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have enjoyed the many outings at Westcott. Having three different 9 hole courses makes my outing fun. Green fees are reasonable and course management if good. I have also taken some lessons from Perry Green and highly recommend him. Greens are challenging but not too difficult. This is a great course for beginners as well as good golfers.

Visited May 2013