“"Italy" the Restaurant NOT the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Italy - CLOSED

Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Summerville, South Carolina
“"Italy" the Restaurant NOT the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

"Italy" has occupied the former Mustard Seed Restaurant in Summerville, SC.
My wife and I decided to try this newer restaurant which opened in February 2014.
We arrived as they opened on a Saturday afternoon at 5. The wait staff greeted us warmly and seated us. The interior has been newly decorated in pleasant colors and the glass topped tables covered tablecloths. Our waitress was a most pleasant and informative server.
We began with an antipasto misto which was sliced Italian ham, sopressata, salami and provolone over a bed of greens with balsamic accompaniment. Deliciozo! My wife ordered eggplant parmesan with angel hair spaghetti and I saltimbocca in a white sauce with a side of zucchini, onions and mushrooms. The food was very tasty and abundant enough for us to take home a portion each. Wine (or beer) was available no hard liquor. We ended with a cannoli.
The Chef/Owner came by our table to ask if all was satisfactory.... and it was. The tab was a bit overpriced however we will return to try other dishes to compare to the other local Italian restaurants. Despite mixed reviews we did enjoy our dinner,

• Visited July 2014

Grayhair53
“Terrible Service and Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went there two months ago with our luncheon group of 20, we had reservations. The gentleman next to me ordered a Philly cheese steak with mushrooms and onions. When the sandwich arrived there were no mushrooms or onions. He asked the waitress where the mushrooms and onions were and said she must have given it to someone else and did he really want them. About 10 minutes latter she arrived with just the mushrooms, he again asked where the onions were and she just mumbled something and left, he never got his mushrooms.

I ordered a meatball wrap, yes a wrap, never heard of an Italian place putting meatballs on a wrap. The meatballs tasted like they were of the frozen variety, not good at all.

They did not offer any bread and when asked, the waitress said there was an additional cost for bread!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Grayhair53
“John o”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I was on a bike trip from Columbia to Charleston; I dropped into Italy for lunch by chance. It was a much needed break from struggling to find good food on old country roads.

The lunch special was delicious and the wait staff were a blast. I cannot recommend this place enough.

Summerville, South Carolina
“Great little place with great food, so happy they are in Summerville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Wednesday night my husband and I ate dinner at this wonderful, little jewel of a restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the staff and owner (Angelo). After perusing the menu my husband ordered the Bistecca (steak) and I ordered the Melanzana Parmigiana (eggplant). The steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. My Melanzana was wonderful. I am very particular about red tomato sauces and this was wonderful. We are so happy they are here in Summerville and we will be going back frequently. Yay, finally a good italian restaurant in Summerville!

• Visited May 2014
South Carolina, United States
“The Only Italian Food in Summerville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my favorite place to eat in Summerville.We have been waiting a few weeks for this place to open and my wife and I finally got a chance to go last night. Funny story before the review, I actually was their first customer ever since I stopped by one day to see if they were opened, and even though they were not, they gave me free lunch and showed me all the renovations they did! That is unheard of in todays age...but Angelo and Ruben have created a like home feeling at Italy. My wife had the manicotti and she is very particular about red sauces and this was her favorite sauce of yet. I had the three cheese pizza and the Gorgonzola cheese was great and not too over powering. We had the Tiramisu and it was amazing...we will get it again! Finally a great Italian restaurant here in Summerville

• Visited March 2014