“The Best B&B I ever been too”
Review of Pink Dolphin

Pink Dolphin
Ranked #2 of 6 Summerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I can honestly say this was the "Best of the Best" B&B's I have stayed at, and I have been to quite a few! Dianne and Ken were wonderful. They made you feel right at home. The hospitality was outstanding. The breakfast was amazing! Dianne made enough food to feed an army-and all of it very delicious! My favorite dish was her baked oatmeal-very tastey! Our room was the "Carolina Room" which was very spacious and cozy. You are not only treated as a guest, but as part of the family as well. You walk into the house and you automatically feel the warmth and love. We were down visiting family and in turn, we met some very wonderful people. Thank you Dianne & Ken !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JeniferBloxom
There are newer reviews for Pink Dolphin

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Many B&B's have great ratings on Trip Advisor with mostly positive comments and maybe a few negative ones. Negative comments always seemed to center on a lapses of attention from the owners. We picked the Pink Dolphin because we noticed that ALL of the comments were positive, And Diane and Ken proved why. They are the epitome of southern hospitality. They are knowledgable about the Charleston area and helped us mold our itenerary, even supplying us with chairs, cooler, and umbrella for the beach. Breakfast was absolutely amazing every day, complete with grits and other local cooking. If Diane cooks her praline french toast for you, you'll never think of french toast the same way again. Food was so great and there was so much of it that we never even thought about eating until evening. She even had coffee early so that I could sit on the porch and read the paper. The inside of the house is elegant and Victorian. We stayed in the Pink Room and it was beautiful. They do keep three highly obedient Labrador dogs. They are quiet and know to stay away anytime food is on the table. If you like dogs, they are just adorable and add to the charm. Its only a short 30 minute drive to the heart of Charleston and the beaches, so staying away from the crowds was a great idea.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RichFromOmaha
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I arrived upon this B and B by way of it being pet friendly. I never made it there with my dogs but I did stay en route to moving to Florida. My room and the owners were just great. I would recommend a stay here. The claw foot tub was amazing!

Room Tip: Pink Room has claw foot tub
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank brownjennifer648
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were totally satisfied staying with Diane and Ken. We found that those reviews alreready posted concerning Diane wanting to wait on you hand & foot to be so true.
We stayed in the blue room and it was perfect for coming and going without bothering others that may be staying at the same B & B.
My wife enjoyed the fact that she had her own porch for reading and just chilling out.
I might add that the shower had tons of pressure and the bed was extra comfy.
Diane also asked what time we would like to have breakfast and my wife said "7:30".
The next morning at exactly 7:30 we walked into the breakfast area and withing 30 seconds my eggs and bacon were exactly the way I wanted. My wife really enjoyed her meal also.
So with that, Thank you, Diane and Ken for opening up your home to us. It was the first time booking a B & B and we can assure you it won't be our last!
Lew & Linda

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank justcollectingdust
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife and I arrived at the Pink Dolphin in historic Summerville SC on May 28th and departed June 3rd 2011. This was our first stay there and Lord Willing won't be our last. Diane and Ken, the B&B keepers, were very hospitable and kind. Expect to have small talk and good conversations with Diane and Ken, the guests and pretty much anyone down South. Better plan on eating breakfast cause you can bet your sweet patooty that's what y'all goin to get and then some. It's pretty much Southern cookin from grits (not talkin about Girls Raised In The South), fried potato cakes, sauage, bacon, bisuits, gravy, french toast, omelets, BAKED OAT MEAL MY FAVORITE!!!, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice and more!!! If you think that sounds good, wait til y'all see the rooms. Very comfy! By the time you return to the B&B from site seeing or whatever, the beddings and towels are replaced and smell fresh. There's plenty of parking space on their grounds. There's a bunch to see and visit around there and Charleston is very close by. Our two favorite evening eats in Summerville are at "Oscars" a family own place and the "Mustard Seed". There's a lot and bunch to say about Ken and Denise and their place. THE ROOM RATES ARE AT A REBEL PRICE!! Meaning very fair. My wife and I only stay at B&B'S. Now, I saved the best for last. After we arrived, met Ken and then walked into the B&B, we were greeted by three true Southern Belles; "Cassie, Ellie and Annie". They were beautiful and charming and gave kisses. They were more hospitable than any human I can think of. And that's cause they weren't human but better yet, they were three beautiful Labrador Retrievers.
Well nuff said. Oh almost forgot. Don't bring up about the South loosing the war or calling it the Civil war cause you might have a shorter stay (kiddin). If y'all want to know more gotta go to beautiful and historical Summerville SC and stay at the Pink Dolphin!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
36  Thank kirbysmith
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We love B&B's and were happy to find this one just outside of Charleston. Upon arriving, we were given a glass of wine! The owners are very nice, very helpful and very accommodating. They both really made sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The breakfasts were amazing! Eggs, french toast, fruit, juice, coffee, biscuits,grits. A great way to start a busy day! We stayed in the Carolina Room. It was perfect! The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! We were given plenty of towels and they were even replenished the next day! The house itself has a lot of charm and I loved the way it was decorated, cozy, comfy. The owners make you feel like you are right at home! I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay. It was only a 20-30 minute drive into Charleston. We would definitely stay there again. Oh, and they have dogs! We love animals and the dogs are very friendly, trained and well behaved! Wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks Dianne and Ken!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitkat1015
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We so enjoyed our stay at the Pink Dolphin. We were visiting friends in Summerville, and were so happy to find this wonderful B&B. And they allow dogs so we were able to bring our Black Labs with us and they got to play with the owners dogs which is such a treat. I wish we were able to come back this year for the Spoleto Festival like we had planned, but we will surely come back to this lovely and peaceful place. I would highly recommend a stay at The Pink Dolphin.Thanks. Matt and Carriann, and Easy and Stella.

Room Tip: The Blue Suite is lovely and private.
Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattCarriann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerville
Hampton Inn Summerville
Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
#6 of 10 in Summerville

Been to Pink Dolphin? Share your experiences!