“Very Comfortable Room”
Review of Pink Dolphin

Pink Dolphin
Ranked #3 of 6 Summerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I arrived upon this B and B by way of it being pet friendly. I never made it there with my dogs but I did stay en route to moving to Florida. My room and the owners were just great. I would recommend a stay here. The claw foot tub was amazing!

Room Tip: Pink Room has claw foot tub
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank brownjennifer648

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were totally satisfied staying with Diane and Ken. We found that those reviews alreready posted concerning Diane wanting to wait on you hand & foot to be so true.
We stayed in the blue room and it was perfect for coming and going without bothering others that may be staying at the same B & B.
My wife enjoyed the fact that she had her own porch for reading and just chilling out.
I might add that the shower had tons of pressure and the bed was extra comfy.
Diane also asked what time we would like to have breakfast and my wife said "7:30".
The next morning at exactly 7:30 we walked into the breakfast area and withing 30 seconds my eggs and bacon were exactly the way I wanted. My wife really enjoyed her meal also.
So with that, Thank you, Diane and Ken for opening up your home to us. It was the first time booking a B & B and we can assure you it won't be our last!
Lew & Linda

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank justcollectingdust
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife and I arrived at the Pink Dolphin in historic Summerville SC on May 28th and departed June 3rd 2011. This was our first stay there and Lord Willing won't be our last. Diane and Ken, the B&B keepers, were very hospitable and kind. Expect to have small talk and good conversations with Diane and Ken, the guests and pretty much anyone down South. Better plan on eating breakfast cause you can bet your sweet patooty that's what y'all goin to get and then some. It's pretty much Southern cookin from grits (not talkin about Girls Raised In The South), fried potato cakes, sauage, bacon, bisuits, gravy, french toast, omelets, BAKED OAT MEAL MY FAVORITE!!!, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice and more!!! If you think that sounds good, wait til y'all see the rooms. Very comfy! By the time you return to the B&B from site seeing or whatever, the beddings and towels are replaced and smell fresh. There's plenty of parking space on their grounds. There's a bunch to see and visit around there and Charleston is very close by. Our two favorite evening eats in Summerville are at "Oscars" a family own place and the "Mustard Seed". There's a lot and bunch to say about Ken and Denise and their place. THE ROOM RATES ARE AT A REBEL PRICE!! Meaning very fair. My wife and I only stay at B&B'S. Now, I saved the best for last. After we arrived, met Ken and then walked into the B&B, we were greeted by three true Southern Belles; "Cassie, Ellie and Annie". They were beautiful and charming and gave kisses. They were more hospitable than any human I can think of. And that's cause they weren't human but better yet, they were three beautiful Labrador Retrievers.
Well nuff said. Oh almost forgot. Don't bring up about the South loosing the war or calling it the Civil war cause you might have a shorter stay (kiddin). If y'all want to know more gotta go to beautiful and historical Summerville SC and stay at the Pink Dolphin!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
36  Thank kirbysmith
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We love B&B's and were happy to find this one just outside of Charleston. Upon arriving, we were given a glass of wine! The owners are very nice, very helpful and very accommodating. They both really made sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The breakfasts were amazing! Eggs, french toast, fruit, juice, coffee, biscuits,grits. A great way to start a busy day! We stayed in the Carolina Room. It was perfect! The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! We were given plenty of towels and they were even replenished the next day! The house itself has a lot of charm and I loved the way it was decorated, cozy, comfy. The owners make you feel like you are right at home! I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay. It was only a 20-30 minute drive into Charleston. We would definitely stay there again. Oh, and they have dogs! We love animals and the dogs are very friendly, trained and well behaved! Wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks Dianne and Ken!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitkat1015
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We so enjoyed our stay at the Pink Dolphin. We were visiting friends in Summerville, and were so happy to find this wonderful B&B. And they allow dogs so we were able to bring our Black Labs with us and they got to play with the owners dogs which is such a treat. I wish we were able to come back this year for the Spoleto Festival like we had planned, but we will surely come back to this lovely and peaceful place. I would highly recommend a stay at The Pink Dolphin.Thanks. Matt and Carriann, and Easy and Stella.

Room Tip: The Blue Suite is lovely and private.
Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattCarriann
Reviewed October 30, 2010

If you are planning a trip down to Summerville and you are looking for a place to stay, look no further. Dianne will make you feel right at home. We stayed for two nights while touring Charleston, loved the place. The breakfast she cooks you is amazing, you would pay $10.00 to $15.00 in a restaurant for it. Full of Southern charm and hospitality, I felt like I knew her for years. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanctil
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Diane made us feel very welcome. We enjoyed our stay in the Blue room with our own little porch and comfortable kingsize bed.

Diane had us taste several kinds of Southern breakfasts and we very much enjoyed the the interesting conversations we had at breakfast in her kitchen.

Summerville is a nice base for exploring the region like Charleston and the plantations like the Middleton place (we visited), and the Magnolia gardens. And in Summerville are nice restaurants so you can go out for dinner on foot. Diane gave us several tips for small restaurants of whick I don't remember the names anymore. But she'll be glad to advice you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple