“Recommended, with some concerns”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Summerville
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
midwest, america
“Recommended, with some concerns”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

I read positive reviews regarding this hotel and decided to try it during a recent stop in Summerville, which if you've not been there, is an interesting town once you get past the interstate congestion and an alternative to the higher prices of Charleston. The ladies at the front desk were extremely helpful and polite. Our first room was awful. The carpet obviously hadn't seen a vacuum in a long time, as in nasty fuzz balls around all the furniture and large items on the main rug. The bathroom was not clean and things were dusty. Yikes! We requested another room, which we were quickly moved to and it seemed much better, until I pulled down the sheets. Lots of body hair - everywhere. Yikes again. And worse, what looked to be fresh blood on the upper sheet. I returned to the front desk and told them about the problem. I was given fresh sheets and they offered to change the bed for me, which I didn't need, but appreciated. The rest of the hotel looked very tidy, including the small fitness room. Everyone has good and bad days and obviously housekeeping wasn't having a good one when we visited. I know it's impossible to keep rooms pristine, but I hope this is addressed effectively. I'd be willing to give it another try, when in the area, unless something better opens up.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness in some areas
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2007

We chose this hotel due to it's location and being a newer hotel (opened 2004). The only hesitation was they allowed pets but that concern disappeared upon arrival. The advertised warmth and welcoming hotel decor and staff is true! The front desk greeted us with smiles, warm cookies and a welcome goodie bag. Our room was very clean, nicely furnished and came with a microwave and mini fridge. We like the availability of the business room with free internet and workout room. The breakfast included in the price was a great value and very popular. We will definitely stay again!

• Liked — Great value
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

My husband, son, and myself stayed at the Country Inn. At check in we found the staff friendly and welcoming. They even gave us a welcome bag with goodies when we checked in. The room was clean and had plenty of space. The breakfast was great. We have family in the area. We will definately return!

• Liked — Staff, accommodations (clean)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Here's a hotel with a manager and staff going the EXTRA mile to set them apart from the surrounding competion. Here's why I would stay here again...
1. Price was very competitive.
2. Hot breakfast was included. This is NOT just the usual stale donuts and bagels with juice. They include hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, and breakfast sandwiches...as well as fruits, juices, etc.. The breakfast room is staffed and kept clean, with food constantly refreshed.
3. Fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Two or three kinds!
4. A lending library. Take a book that interests you!
5. Large, clean room with mini fridge and a decent bed.
6. Good air conditioning.
7. A welcome gift bag on arrival--apple, cheese crackers, granola bar and bottled water.
8. Iron and ironing board in the room, and you don't have to crawl around the floor to find a plug to use it!
9. Hairdrayer that will blow you right out of the bathroom!
10. Gracious people on staff.
11. Pool and exercise room.
12. Easy access from the interstate.

Were there any negatives? Yes, but just one....slow elevator.

Loved staying here!

• Liked — Staff is determined to be better than the competition!
  • Disliked — Slow elevator.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MariMary
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2007

Excellent value -- had to go to Charleston for 1 day and headed home next; saved $ by staying in Summerville. This hotel was very clean, pleasant staff, quiet, conveniant, and had an excellent breakfast. Definitely would do again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dorefamily4
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

Spent one Saturday night here. The front desk staff when we checked in was excellent--very helpful. On checkout, the front desk person was a bit clueless about local directions but I guess that's not really her job--she was courteous though.

The hotel is very clean and so was the pool and pool area.

The breakfast included with room rate was above average.

Overall very good value for the money and a good experience. I'd stay here again and would try another Country Inn & Suites based on my experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

My mother was very ill and her death was imminent. My wife and I decided we needed to stay as long my mom was still with us. We checked into this hotel, and ended up being there for almost a week. I can't begin to say enough about the loving support and hospitality that was afforded us. The staff was sympathetic and attentive to all of our needs. They truly went out of their way to make our time there as easy on us as possible.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Hot biscuits and gravy, among other things. It was just the right start for us each day.

Without a doubt, I will always stay at this hotel when I'm in the Summerville area. I know there are higher rated locations, but for my money, nothing can begin to touch the genuine care and support I received at this hotel. I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Liked — The loving and caring staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Comfort Suites Summerville
Comfort Suites Summerville
#6 of 10 in Summerville
BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Summerville? Share your experiences!