“Cheesesteaks are the Best!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Cheesesteaks are the Best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Recently, visited one of my fav sandwich joints and am happy to say Philly's continues to deliver the best cheesesteaks in the Low Country. Tender thin cut steak (and plenty of it) with cheese and onions. Originally from NE Pennsylvania, we love our "hoagies" and Philly's delivers. Their chicken parm is also a treat, large breast with tangy sauce and melted cheese. French fries are hot and crisp. Service is very attentive and pleasant. Certainly not a low cal meal, but on occasion, a very tasty treat.

• Visited August 2012

“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Hole in the wall, but amazing homemade lasagna. Big portions for price.

2 Thank lilbit3
“Better than steak and cheese from Reading Terminal in Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

When my husband and I were dating he didn't live far from here so we went frequently. We moved closer to downtown Charleston about two years ago and hadn't been since, until last week. My husband had just returned from a deployment, came with me to PA for a work trip, but when we got back to Charleston Philly's was where he wanted to go. It didn't disappoint. We literally had a steak and cheese in Reading Terminal in downtown Philly a few days before and still preferred our steak and cheese from Philly's. Their hoagie is great and the cheese to meat ratio is perfect! It doesn't come out quickly, but it is worth the wait.

It isn't really convenient for us to go anymore, but we are putting it a little higher on our list again :)

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank traveler0418
summervile, sc
“Lost it's small town luster”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I've been eating at Philly's for years. This past weekend I had family in town from up North & I've been telling them about the amazing employees/food at Philly's since I moved to Summerville in 2008. I've never had a single complaint! The servers are amazing, the food has always been great...until this weekend. I was very disappointed in the quality of food/service this weekend. We all walked up to order and the woman behind the counter was awfully rude..she wasn't even taking our order but she was huffing and puffing at the other employees and making it obvious that she was frustrated. I've worked in food&bev before so I know how it can get but you cannot act like that when there are customers in front of you. It made me embarrassed because I always told my family how happy and welcoming of a place it was. The food came promptly and our server was very helpful with filling our drinks/bringing boxes, etc. but the quality of food was not as good as it usually is. I'm just a little disappointed in the entire thing. I felt as if the woman behind the counter caused a lot of uncomfortable feelings for the workers which made for a very uncomfortable setting for the customers. If that keeps up...I hate to say it but Philly's won't be known as the wonderful little secret of Summerville anymore. I'm going to wait a while before visiting again.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank ann0416
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Philly's is definitely one of my all time favorite resturants, and I have never eaten anything but the cheesesteak and onion rings! The cheesesteaks are consistently amazing at Philly's. I have tried cheesesteaks in several other resturants in the area and they have all been disgusting. Picking up to go orders can be a bit of a wait, best to call in and go get in line. They tell you 20 mins. but you can wait that long in line.

3 Thank Zndrfx