“Great Family Place”

Kelly's Barbeque
Ranked #46 of 273 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want fancy tablecloths and valet parking this is not the place for you. The casual seating and disposable dishes adds to the charm. I have never had a bad meal here! - This is true southern barbeque - pulled pork, fried chicken, barbequed chicken, brisket, mac & cheese, all sorts of vegitables, several types of rice dishes, and deserts - if you leave here hungry you just can't be pleased! - The quality of the food is always exceptional and fresh. for $10 a person (includes your drink) you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal!
Family friendly, clean, and SMOKE Free! -

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had lunch here today and it was packed. Buffet was hot and fresh. The meats were seasoned perfectly, with enough smoke on it to make it really good. Plenty of sides and desserts made this A+. Will definitely return and would recommend. $10/adult buffet w. drink, $3.99 kids 4 - 12.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Want BBQ try Smokey Bones on Rivers Ave N. Chas or Sweatmens if you can find in in Holly Hill Sc

1  Thank LRUSSO-REALTOR
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Being from South Carolina I have been to my share of BBQ places. We Southern folk tend to be picky about our BBQ and once we find our local favorite, nothing can draw us away from it. Kelly's is one of those homey kind of places that just makes you feel welcome. Be it the smiling faces of the employees or the smell of the most incredible BBQ that will ever slide past your lips. The buffet is about $9.00 per person and the choices are endless. There are a few different rice's, hash, green beans, corn, rutabagas, cabbage, cabbage casserole (amazing stuff too), black eyed peas, fried orka, mac n cheese, collards, and so on. The fried chicken is great as is the bbq chicken. The buffet is set up in three different stations with all the hot food down a long isle, the salads to your side, and the deserts attached to form and L shape. The salads consist of a mac. salad, 2 types of cole slaw, potato salad, sweet pickles and another southern fan favorite... pickled okra. Deserts consist of peach cobbler, ice cream, banana pudding, and one or two other items, sometimes it might be made with whatever fruit is in season. The drink station consist of tea (sweet and unsweet), coffee, and pepsi products. They is also a few types of breads - sliced white bread, corn bread, etc. Now for the MAIN attraction... the oh so delicious mouth watering BBQ.. The thing I really like about Kellys BBQ is that even without adding any sauce, the meat is full flavored, and basted. You will never bite into a piece of plain smoked, pork without sauce, yet it isn't dripping or smothered in the sauce either. I have tried to accomplish this at home and failed, and have no idea how they do it. Each bite is just an incredible, perfectly seasoned delight. There are three sauce's, all homemade, that you can spoon over, drizzle over or pour over the BBQ if you want. Reg., mild and hot, I guess is hot they are labled, each is very, very good and I greatly enjoy them all, It depends on my mood when I get to that point as to which one I go with. Kelly is family owned and operated, if anyone outside the family is hired on I suspect they quickly become just like family because that is just the kind of place it is. I live about 30 to 40 miles away and try to get there as often as I can and when I have a large get together I run up (over or down) and pick up a few quarts, some sauce's and hash. This place is great for any size group, several of the tables are large picnic tables and it isn't really uncommon to share the end of your table with another family. I highly recommend checking this place out if you haven't, it's well worth the price and even the drive if you are not a local. You will leave full and very satisfied!!

1  Thank Freenred
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice, friendly and pretty good food. Worth every penny.