“Good reviewers are in denial!”
Review of Pagoda Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Pagoda Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Seriously people. This place is terrible. Can you not tell it is old food being reheated? And the flat soda from a two liter bottle is an insult. The decor was dark and boring. I could have found the same thing in a microwave dinner. Don't waste your time. My stomach still hurts from the food.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family used to eat at Pagoda more than 15 years ago and it was one of our favorite go to restaurants. I moved back to the area a few years ago and decided to try them again. I placed a to go order of sesame chicken and hot & sour soup. When I arrived home after a ten minute drive I ended up throwing the chicken away. It was tough, burnt tasking and dried out. The sauce was bitter, thin and burnt. The hot and sour soup seemed thinned out like they ran out or were trying to save money and it tasted old.

Also the sesame chicken was no longer available in a combination platter so I pay more for fried rice and an egg role.

I will keep my memories from years ago, but will find another chinese restaraunt for my chinese fix.

1  Thank Georgiafan0815
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is not a PF Changs type Chinese joint, and it is not a buffet. Some folks only like those two types of Chinese restaurants, but I really like Pagoda. The General Tso's is really good, and the spice is just right. A previous reviewer mentioned the cut of meat, and it is true that they are obviously using thighs. I like thighs, so that isn't a problem for me. Their dumplings and eggrolls are excellent and I never get the white rice. You can substitute fried rice for the white rice for a small charge. I have never had any issues with the staff, even when my kids are being a little wild. The interior leaves a lot to be desired, but what do you really expect when you eat at that little shopping center in Summerville?

2  Thank alistair_connor
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great food always succulent ingredients. Best hot & sour soup ever eaten.Family owned locally for over twenty years.Shrimp fried rice without salad shrimp and freshly done daily.Wife really likes their ham fried rice served with daily lunch specials.

1  Thank Doctor4995
Reviewed February 28, 2012

An absolute RIP OFF!! I have lived in Charleston for 21 years with 5 of those in Summerville. I decided to give this place a try based on a friend's recommendation. I ordered a combo meal for my work lunch which consisted of 4 wings & shrimp fried rice however when I sat down at work to eat, I noticed that there was a whole lot of rice and very very little shrimp, for $9.00 plus a $1.00 tip to the waitress, the ratio of rice to shrimp is unacceptable, on top of that they use those very small cocktail shrimp. I then called the restaurant to explain my concern and the American woman that answered the phone told me "I should have brought the meal back so that the chef could see" I replied mame I work at a plant several miles from your restaurant and I did not have the option to just get up and leave to bring her the evidence, I told her I still had the box with the rice in it and clearly anyone could see how much rice was left there was something strange with that but she said "that was there was nothing she could do about it. So obviously this restaurant has been doing this for a long time as when I told the person that originally told me about this place, I got very little shrimp he told me that he orders extra shrimp because of the very same reason I spoke about. So Pagoda for being Summerville's oldest Chinese Restaurant you get an F for food and service.

4  Thank Craig L