“Welcome to Summerville”

Pick Thai Of Summerville
Ranked #105 of 267 Restaurants in Summerville
“Welcome to Summerville”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have visited four times and each time the food has been delicious. Portions are large and (if you remember only to eat a portions size) there is ample food for lunch the following day.

BUT - the wait staff needs to get their act together. It appears they are not working in harmony and make up excuses when a problem occurs. Beer is delivered without a glass and Thai beer is not always available. Checks are put on table before the entree is finished -- no offer of dessert (which are delicious). I believe management needs to train staff and this will errand a 5 star rating from us.

• Visited September 2013

southcarolina
“Owners need to reevaluate.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Sept. Summerville location. Filthy. Half effort. Food barely ok. Not one to criticize that much but this place needs a ton of work, from uniforms to floors. Tile area needs to be pressure washed, carpet replaced, light bulbs burnt out, podium in front of toilet door, decor upgrade, tables wobbly, now I am just getting picky. The old place moved out and they just utilized what was there and moved in without spending a dime. Dirty.

Now the food: I watched someone that didn't seem like the person should have been in the kitchen cook my satays. She had them on a flat grill and was pressing down on them continuously with all her weight to cook them, I am guessing quickly. When they got to us they were pretty flat briquettes on a stick, and the peanut sauce seemed thinned out by some other sauce. Tasted mayonnaisy. Pad-Thai tasted pasty or corn starchy, was hungry so I ate anyway. Wife ate only half pad see ewe. Didn't taste good.

Place definatly needs atmospheric lift and clean.

Will not return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank franklin2015
Summerville, South Carolina
“Worst service I've ever had”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We had heard the food was great, so we went one evening. After being seated, we waited for 20 minutes before we asked someone to get us drinks. The waitress gave me a huge attitude. After another 20 min. Or so, I asked the waitress to take our order. The order came out in to go boxes. Of course, we were sitting in the dining room for over an hour, glasses again empty, I don't know why they would think it was to go. The food was good. After this 1 1/2 hour ordeal, the waitress came up and explained that she had mistakenly closed the bill out, and that I could just leave my tip in cash rather than putting it on the card. I don't tip when I get such horrible service with an attitude like I got from the waitress.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 1985bulldog
“Good Food Good Service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a new resturant in downtown Summerville. It took over where another place had been for several years. We have eaten there twice for dinner and both times the food was very good and well prepared. Also the portions were ample. They have a nice selection of different dishes. The service was good also. However after saying the good things, if you are a beer drinker their prices are too high for that type resturant. All in all we will be back.

• Visited August 2013