“Poor excuse for a La Hacienda”

La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 270 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had the opportunity to eat at this location on 3/28/2014 and have never seen such a poor excuse for a La Hacienda in my life. I have eaten at 5 other La Haciendas in the Charleston area so I knew what to expect.

The waiter took our order, walked away then came back two seconds later to retake our order because he couldn't remember what we had ordered. Our cheese dip was delivered cold and thin as water. When we asked for a replacement we were told there was no more. When our combos came, both were the wrong thing. Had to ask for a menu to show the waiter they were not what we ordered. When the right orders finally came, they were hot and tasted good except the Chile Relleno had only one very thin sliver of Chile in it. No-one once came back to our table to ask if we needed anything else or wanted to order another beverage or dessert.

I very reluctantly left a tip but will never patronize this La Hacienda location again and will tell everyone I know to stay away as well.

1  Thank Liz M

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Tried this place while in town visiting family - very good food and reasonably priced. I had the stuffed poblano and it was very tasty. They served it stuffed with cheese and chicken pieces on the top. Have never had it served this way, but, it worked. Would definitely recommend you put this in your rotation for Mexican food.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were seated quickly. We had to show our waiter the menu as he did not speak English. The food was very good and hot. Drink orders were all wrong several times(I recommend ordering beer or soda as they cant mess that up). That aside, the meal was very good and everyone was friendly.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Seated very quickly. Server took our order very quickly. Food was hot and very good ... great mexican taste. Prices were reasonable. Clean and nice environment.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

If you look at my reviews I have never posted a single negitive review...until now. I've been to many La Has in charleston area and this one doesn't deserve to have the same name as the rest. Service was the first issue...I asked to substitute bean enchilada with cheese and explained I had a bean alergy and he said ok no problem...as we waited our margaritas came out and they were the worst I have ever had. Food came and it looked ok, taste ok until I realized they sent me a bean enchilada...ill stop my bash here but please avoid this fly infested hole in the wall at all costs...