“New management did well!”
Review of Breck's Place At The Ice House - CLOSED

Breck's Place At The Ice House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Summerville, SC
“New management did well!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Ice House Restaurant in Summerville (formerly Breck's) has done quite well since changing hands. They made a few changes to the inside seating arrangements, and all for the better. We arrived early, around 6, and the place was almost full. We werer seated near the door (that was OK) on a raised table and were immediately greeted by a very nice young lady (sorry I did not get her name). I ordered a draft (Yuengling) and my friend H20. He has a small stomach, and cannot eat and drink much, so he opted for the food tonight. Good choice. I ordered the Crayfish Po Boy sandwich (those are on the back page), and he ordered the Cuban. We also ordered a small order of mussels and an order of fried mushrooms. The mushes were actual fresh mushrooms dipped in a very light but spicy batter, and the mussels were cooked in a white wine sauce. Both were great! The Po Boy with Crawdads was very tasty, and not overcooked. The bread was very soft, and made the eating thing not a challenge in biting. The crawfish were plentiful, and the entire sandwich was great! The Cuban had lots and lots of meat on it, but it was not "pressed". Not to worry, as the meats were fresh and tasty. He saved half of the sandwich for lunch the next day. When we got the check, we were surprised the draft(s) were only $2.00, maybe due to happy hour. The entire bill was only $32.00, not tax included. The server was always around, but not pushy, and we tipped her well. All in all, a great experience, and I complimented the staff and management. We will definitely go back....often.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank alocalSummervilleSC

Charleston, South Carolina
“Went do to suggestion from my military clients”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Seems the military love Breck's. Decent steak and burgers with bargin price but trust me it's no Halls Chop House if your a real Steak Foodie. Don't ask for a wine list either. It's Beer and Sweet Tea. For what it is it's just good food and great for a bunch of guys to get together chow and a few beers. People are nice

Visited September 2012
2 Thank LRUSSO-REALTOR
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Will definitely be back.
I love the brick walls. The bar is beautiful.
Made last minute decision to have dinner and very happy worth our decision

South Carolina
“Great Food With Historical Ambiance”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

First visit here and we were very pleased.

"Sam", that's short for Samantha, was our waitress and all the other gals constantly asked us if we needed anything else!!! So the service was super great.

Food. We both had the burgers with fries. Fat, juicy and great tasting. And, the french fries were fresh cut.

Will visit again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rachel K
NJ
“Great fresh food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

While visiting relatives in Summerville, they shared this great restaurant with us. From the outside of this establishment you might wonder, how good can this place be. But once you're inside all doubts didappear. The food was fresh and innovative. While I selected what I thought would be comfort food, the pot roast, I was pleasantly surprised to find a dish that was not like my mom's, but a dish that had been elevated to a new level. Their Yukon Gold potatoes were fantastic and the fresh green beans on the side were great too. My husband enjoyed the Cajun pasta. The decor is rustic but very welcoming and the staff is top notch. Both the owner and chef stepped out to meet us which made us feel even more welcomed. We can't wait to visit Summerville again!

• Visited August 2012