“Finally a Favorite in Summerville”
Review of Breck's Place At The Ice House - CLOSED

Breck's Place At The Ice House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
South Carolina, United States
“Finally a Favorite in Summerville”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We have been to numerous restaurants in summerville and generally have liked mostly all of the, but never really loved any resturant. This place was a HUGE suprise! On the outside it is a strange layout and design, the inside is super rustic, welcoming, and comfortable. Sarah was the best server we have had in summerville, the food was priced right and delicious, the drinks were large, strong and easy on the wallet! After dinner we went upstairs to the bar and it was super chill! Great bar staff and drinks and lots of fun bar games. Hands down 10/10 for the resturant and the bar!

1 Thank captaincalboy

South Florida, Florida
“Great Fried Green Tomatoes!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stopped in Summerville while Antique Shopping around Charleston. Drove by the Ice House and decided to give it a try. Was definitely worth the visit, good food and service!

• Visited July 2012
Summerville, SC
“First visit to The Ice House Restaurant (formerly Brecks)”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was our first visit to this restaurant since Breck's closed and the restaurant was re-opened as the Ice House Restaurant (not affiliated with Breck's). We found a wide variety of selections on the menu...something for almost any taste. Service was both fast and personable. We selected the spring rolls as an appetizer and followed with the pecan crusted pork loin and a shrimp Po' Boy. Both are worth a repeat appearance. Quantities exceeded our capacities. Sides are outstanding. We'd definitely recommend the collards and the mashed Yukon Gold potatoes. We will go back.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Wil-indaville
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We just returned from dinner and I had to write this while it was still fresh in my head. We're staying at a B&B in town while doing some sightseeing in Charleston. We wanted something with excellent, but not pretentious food. No "art deco" food here!!! The food was honest, delicious and great prices. We began with some innovative and delicious Reuben Spring rolls! I had to quit, so I could have room left for my dinner. They were "slap yo mamma" good!!! For an entree I had the Shrimp and Fried Cheddar Grit Cake. This was a take on Shrimp and Grits, but with andouille sausage and mushroom gravy. Now I'm ready to slap EVERYONE'S mamma!!! Mercy!! My husband had the Pecan Crusted Pork Loin. I am not a big fan of pork unless it's dripping in BBQ sauce, but this was wonderful, as well.
I can't let the service go unmentioned. They were attentive, friendly, and efficient. Not bothersome or overly chatty, but still very warm and friendly.
The building is a 100 year old ice house, so the atmosphere is unique and warm. I feel sad that I live so far away, as this place is a real find! Don't miss it if you get anywhere near Charleston. (only about 25 miles away)

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank born2dans
“Finally, descent food in Summerville”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Quality southern cooking, great service and atomosphere

1 Thank ReeveC