“love the food”

Mustard Seed Summerville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

always good. love the fresh ingredients as well as the service. no matter if for lunch or dinner the food has always been vey good. the service is attentive and happy

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I did not care for the service. They mixed up a few orders (we were in a group). Someone's food was cold as in just came out of the fridge and mine was just okay, nothing to brag about

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We used to frequent this restaurant (along with this owner's Mt. Pleasant restaurants) but we won't be back to the Mustard Seed in Summerville again. The building has always had a not-quite-right odor to it but the food and service was good. Well, not anymore. I had lunch there the other day and the food that came out of the kitchen did not reflect what was on the menu (and I've had this same dish at this restaurant many times over the years and it didn't even resemble the high-quality entree that it used to be). Our server was so disinterested and never cracked a smile, the music was too loud, the manager is a bit harsh and the odor is much worse than it used to be (even my 2.5-year old commented on the smell when we walked through the door).
Sorry guys, this is not up to the standard of your other restaurants by any means. In a town that's severely lacking quality dining you could be the only game in town. What a shame.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Today was the first time this branch of Mustard Seed (Summerville) offered Sunday brunch. Our group of five couples arrived about 11:00. The waitress took our drink orders and delivered them fairly quickly. Mimosa, pimosa (sic), bloody Mary, and wine are available. I ordered a Spanish dish with chorizo, eggs, avocado and tortilla; it was quite good. (Three others also ordered this and gave it a thumbs up.) Others ordered the fritatta which comes in a various configurations (shrimp, veggie, etc) topped with arugula. One fritatta was served semi-raw and had to be returned; getting the replacement took longer than it should have. The other fritattas were properly cooked, and they got a "good but not great" rating.
Except for the one botched fritatta with slow replacement, our experience was quite good. Our brunch for 2 with a mimosa, coffee, tax and tip came to $30. This was their first Sunday brunch, and they have a few wrinkles to work out, but we'll definitely try them again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

sometimes very good, sometimes very mediocre at best.... The times that I've been to Mustard Seed when it has been very good, are more than the times I've been dissappointed, but consistency, at least to me, is very important.