“Wonderful food and great atmosphere.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oscar's Place

Oscar's Place
Ranked #5 of 267 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerville, South Carolina
“Wonderful food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food - shrimp and grits are amazing! Hubby loves everything else! Great romantic atmosphere for couples.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank donna s

“A Must Stop in Summerville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I love Summerville, SC! It's the perfect get away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist crowd in Charleston. It's quite, southern charm is like a warm and gentle embrace. Oscar's Place fits right into the charm by filling your belly with fantastic dining selections. I had the spinach salad with fried goat cheese and candied nuts, the night fish special ( I think it might have been swordfish) with garlic mashed potatoes, and key lime pie for dessert. Everything was prepared to perfection, keeping my taste buds begging for more. The portion sizes were great if not large for the price. To top the dinner off the waitstaff was extremely accommodating and very knowledgable about the menu.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cgstar69
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“pretty good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great sandwich and a very generous portions of fries. I had the chicken bacon pannini and it was very good.

Visited February 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best in Summerville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Albeit Summerville does not have a wealth of restaurant options, Oscar's is the best in town. Everything on the dinner menu is fantastic. I'd particularly recommend their steaks. Check their website for daily specials and happy hour deals.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ashpav11
Columbia, SC
“Great Seafood Burrito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

In Summerville to purchase a van, we asked the dealer if there was a nice restaurant nearby that was something we did not have in Columbia -- he recommended Oscar's and we are very happy that we took his advice. He was also insistent that we try the "pecan twille". My daughter and granddaughter were with me and we all had a great meal. My daughter had the Chicken Carbonara with smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese and also the speckled butter beans. My granddaughter enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan. I ordered the Seafood Burrito which contained shrimp, scallops and crabmeat and was covered with a lobster sauce. My sides were corn & black bean salsa and southwestern rice. Unlike my daughter and granddaughter who both took some of their food home, I ate all of mine. We then decided to share the Pecan Twille. I have included a photo but I was not quick enough to get a shot before they were able to each get a spoon into it. The presentation was much nicer than shown in the photo. Everything was very, very good. I have a big appetite and, although I managed to eat all of my meal, I was satisfied and would not have ordered the dessert if the dealer had not been so insistent. He was right, as it was also very good. Oscar's contains an entrance (foyer), a main dining room, the lounge, and the porch. Diners may choose which they wish to use and each is different. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, the restaurant was clean and the food was very good. Unlike when I took the attached photos (just before they closed), the parking lot was packed. I must agree with "IrishSC" in his review -- if someone who can eat an appetizer, three loaves of bread, and her meal and then says she did not get enough, her appetite may not be as small as she believes. Give Oscar's a try -- you won't regret it.

• Visited January 2014