“Not for us...”
Review of Oscar's Place

Oscar's Place
Ranked #4 of 267 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not for us...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Friends raved about this restaurant, so we thought we'd give it a go for husband's birthday dinner.
Front door was filthy as we entered. When we were escorted to our booth, I found it difficult to see. Once seated and given menus, again I had difficulty reading due to poor lighting. I looked around and began to count the burned out light bulbs. When I got to over 10, my husband and I excused ourselves to our server and left before ordering. Not going to eat somewhere where maintenance is ignored, says it all for me that their standards are not up to par. If that's is what is going on in the front of the house, don't make me imagine what's going on in the kitchen!

• Visited October 2012
8 Thank 5star~C.

Columbus, Ohio
“Culinary finery in a local setting”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have gone to Oscar's Place since moving to the area in 1994. The food is delicious, prepared by a chef who should be rated 5-diamond. The selection is excellent, the pricing moderate , and the service is impeccable. I would recommend this to anybody who enjoys a good meal. My favorite is the chicken Oscar.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jonathan J
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fillet Mignon in town!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love the steaks at this restaurant. We typically eat here for anniversaries, birthday's, Valentines Day they have great specials. The signer in the bar each week is really good too and they have a fun trivia night - great atmosphere - keep it up!

• Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Summerville secret”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Every meal here has been fantastic. We love this place, only thing negative I can say is that they are very busy at dinner time, but if there is a wait, it'll be worth it.

Visited September 2012
“Great lunch buffet!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The buffet and restruant was very clean and maybe the best buffet food I have ever had. Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013