“My favorite Italian Restaurant in Summerville, SC”
Review of Red Pepper

Red Pepper
Ranked #4 of 275 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a Casual Fine dining Italian Restaurant of 16 years. We offer all freshly made to order entrees, as we do not have steam tables in our restaurant. Chef also offers new specials from Italy every week starting on Wen. We offer 10 Italian crafted beers and an all Italian wine menu with both bottles and by the glass. We are in a quint historic old home with 20 tables total inside, and 20 tables on our new screened in covered patio and our open deck. We were rated 4 stars by the Post & Courier and voted best Italian restaurant in Summerville by readers choice. Our owners wife makes our desserts. (Tiramisu, Cannoli, Spumoni (Gelato), Tartufo (Gelato) & Chocolate Hazelnut Torte).
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is not, in my opinion, a family restaurant but rather an adult restaurant, perfect for couples. The prices are high, but not outlandish. The food is very good, no matter what you choose on the menu. The restaurant has a bar and also has a terrace where you can eat outdoors when weather permits. The inside restaurant is slightly cramped but comfortable. In all the years I've been patronizing this restaurant I can honestly say that I never met a waiter or waitress that I didn't like and were friendly, obliging, and professional. It's my favorite place to go when I just want to be with my wife and have a quiet and good dinner.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Staff seemed disgruntled and management/owner (not sure which) very unprofessional. I never ordered food because the atmosphere was horrible. We had our one drink and decided to go to mellow mushroom again. Not the entree we wanted, but the atmosphere and customer service was top notch.

1  Thank IrishSC
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My better half has wanted to try this Italian food establishment for some time. Amazon Local had a discount certificate so I purchased one. The restaurant is in an old house. Parking is a bit of a pain. We noticed large numbers of people at other places in the area with a smaller number here - it is smaller - did we miss something. We were seated promptly. The staff was nice. The first thing we noticed was the smell of the place. It smelled like mold or old wet books. To our surprise The prices were sky high plus a bit more. I paid $16.95 for a bit of fettuccine Alfredo the size of a McDonalds small burger - no salad, soup, etc. the Alfredo sauce was only OK, nothing worth note. My wife had pollo parmigiana ($16.95), which was again OK, nothing to rave or even get a little excited about but more quant wise than my order. We were given 4 small bits of bread with dipping oil after we were served. For the price you would expect a bit more such as a salad or soup, which was offered at a substantial cost addition. The total bill for what we had was a laugh- high high. The quality was only so so. Forget the quantity. Would we return - NO WAY. We have visited once and that was a disappointing enough. There are far better Italian places around. Do not waste your time or money here.

1  Thank C P M
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

When here for the first time food awesome, I knew it wasnt super awesome service but is OK. It took forever for the food to get out there but I was glad when it came and everything was hot. They could have brought out the bread first so I have something to snack on.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went to eat here on Feb. 17 to use a Groupon that was given to us for Christmas. First, let me say that we live an hour from this restaurant and had to make a special trip to use our Groupon. When we arrived, we were given very ugly looks because we had our 16 month old child with us. The waiter and host whispered to each other (not knowing we could hear them), "Just put them in the back room." So we were taken to the back room because we had our child with us (first bad sign). The second bad sign was that the room we were seated in smelled HORRIBLE!! It smelled of moth balls and was almost nauseating. After we were seated and trying to get used to the smell, the waiter came and said, "I hope you don't have a Groupon because we don't accept them on holidays and today is technically a holiday." Really?? I understand that you can't use them on Valentine's Day, or Christmas, or Thanksgiving.....but Presidents' Day?! So, needless to say, three strikes and we were out of there....rude service because of my child, smelly restaurant, and then not being able to use our Groupon. I have eaten here in the past and have told people how good the food is....however, after this experience I will NOT return to this restaurant and I will NOT recommend it to anyone either.

3  Thank BBoan