“Nice relaxing Lunch”
Review of Single Smile Cafe - CLOSED

Single Smile Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a locally owned specialty coffee and espresso cafe located in the historic downtown district of Summerville, SC. Our menu includes a full espresso bar, coffees, teas, bubble teas, and various light food options.
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Nice place to stop for a Coffee morning or evening - supper location and not bad pricing.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

This sandwich and coffee shop is charming. The food is good. Everytime I go the service and prices are inconsistent. I understand that prices must go up in a tough economy but the amount of food should not go down if the price goes up. My husband and I went in April 2011 on a Sunday around 12:30. We waited 30 minutes for our food and water/tea to arrive at our table. They only had 2 people working which is odd at a busy time of the day. My husband ordered the sandwhich/soup combo. It came with a whole chicken salad crossaint and cup of soup with chips and fruit and ritz crackers for the soup. When I went In July 2011 and ordered the same meal all I got was HALF of the sandwich and the soup (where was the other half of the sandwich, the crackers, the chips, and fruit?). When asked I was told that they had changed it. Everytime I go there are always different people working here, some are friendly and some are not. Once when I went they did not have chicken salad or the she crab soup, which is what I came to get. The women working in the counter was mumbling and talking to me while turned around to check for the availablity of the food. Very rude if you ask me. Every time I go I tell myself I won't go back but I love the chicken salad. After this last visit in July I mean it this time, I won't be back, overpriced for some dishes and inconsistent prices, service, and wait times.

1  Thank aehtravel123
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I decided to try this cafe after reading a good review on it from the Charleston Scene. The review was right on. This place was great! I went after church with my book and could have spent the entire day there. The late I had was the best I've ever had. The staff was friendly. Its a great place to chat with friends over a good cup of coffee and/or tea and a pastry. I was able to try one of the famous Saffron Bakery pastries without having to fight for parking in downtown Charletson at the bakery itself. I'll be going back next Sunday. They have even have tables outside. Its a nice small cozy place to relax.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stopped here recently for an early lunch with a friend, and was delightfully surprised! Great atmosphere, reasonable, and absolutely the best butternut squash soup I have EVER tasted. Thanks so much - looking forward to a return visit!

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I had just finished dinner in downtown Summerville one night. I commented on finding a spot for coffee and dessert and we came across Single Smile Cafe. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. I chose a mocha, my husband chose a cappuccino, and we shared a HUGE slice of chocolate cake. The desserts are from Saffron, a wonderful cafe and bakery in downtown Charleston. Everything was delicous! Single Smile also has bagels and lunch sandwiches. They sell a variety of coffee and beautiful coffee sets. I'm so happy that Summerville has a quaint little coffee shop. I will be returning often!

1  Thank traveler0930