“gone 6 times already”
Review of Alessandra's Italian Eatery - CLOSED

Alessandra's Italian Eatery
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“gone 6 times already”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I always order the gnocchi al sorrento add crushed peppers. Only one time the food came cold. I think it was because they were busy and the staff seemed very rushed. I will visit again though.

Visited June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Alessandra's Italian Eatery, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Cindy,
Thank you for your review and consideration. I apologize that one time your meal was not hot, this is not acceptable, and my apologies. Thank you for continuing to support our business and we look forward to seeing you soon!

South Carolina
“Stay away!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

One of the worst meals I've had at a restaurant in years. We went here to celebrate my parents 64th wedding anniversary. What a mistake, I should have read the recent reviews. The place was pretty full though.

From the time we ordered our meal it took almost exactly one hour to get our food. We questioned the waiter and he told us that there was only ONE person working in the kitchen. There were 40 people waiting for meals so you can imagine what kind of attention each meal was getting with one person cooking all of them.

When we finally did get our food it was very so-so. My spaghetti tasted just like someone had opened a can of Franco American and dumped it on the plate. My dad had the lasagna and he said the meat had a lot of gristle in it. The salads were marginal with a bland ranch dressing.

My wife had a salad with salmon and said that it was good. After we were done we had to wait a good while to get the waiter to come over. We had been there so long that some of our party had to leave as soon as they ate.

My wife had ordered two desserts as a surprise for my parents for their anniversary before they came in the door. The desserts never came and to tell the truth we really didn't care. We just wanted to get out of there by the time we got done. The waiter was also trying to wait on too many tables without success. I felt sorry for him.

There are too many good places to eat to waste your time at this one.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank SouthCarolinaPaul
, Public Relations Manager at Alessandra's Italian Eatery, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Paul,
Our sincere apologies to you and your family. That particular evening, yes there was only the Chef in the kitchen due to unforeseen accident with the other staff member on the team. I can assure you that it was not the "ideal" situation, yet the decision was made to remain open for dinner service. Nobody on our team expected to be as busy as we were for a weekday dinner, even busier then a normal Friday evening service. So again, my apologies, the Chef's apologies as well. Alessandra's has had the pleasure of serving the Summerville community for the last three years, always with only two chefs at any given time preparing the dishes, truly sorry for your disappointing experience.
Stafford, Virginia
“very dissapointed”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went here to celebrate an Anniversary. Were given table by door . Table off kilter. Tried to move it in to get out of way of patron's coming in,waiting to be seated, leaving, etc.this also was area where the check was paid so it is separated from the dining area... Wrong ! Waitress spent the next few min under our table trying to get it level again with what ever was jammed under leg. Asked to move, could not. Spent whole time with table wobbling everytime we tried to eat. It was awful. 3 of us seated at entrance door next to window.

At one point someone, employee,owner came to table, I thought they were going to ask how everything was and instead they just came to look out our window at the street view! How rude !

All being said and done the food for all the Finesse was just so, so. To much hype to little substance.

I will add they do have piano music(certain) nights of the week. Of course we were not a part of the regular seating area so could not enjoy this either.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank oncearoundtwice
prettycity, Owner at Alessandra's Italian Eatery, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing Alessandra's for your special occasion, and a sincere apology that we did not make your evening a memorable one. I am sorry that the table you were seated at was in an area that made you uncomfortable. Please know that if you would consider trying us again, our staff would be happy to meet your needs of the seating area you desire. Thank you
“Ok”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The food was just ok for me... I am not sure it is a place that would come back to just based on food!!!

1 Thank Lawdog451
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont know how this place is open.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went here for dinner tonight with my husband and son. Salad consisted of a cucumber slice, shredded carrots and lettuce. Went to put some pepper on my salad to find a chunk of mold in the pepper shaker. Handed it right over to the server who grabbed another shaker off another table. No appologies nothing. Food was very bland with NO flavor. Would have rather went to Olive Garden. I honestly dont know how this place passes DHEC inspection. It was disgusting.

1 Thank Afwife02
nicoledanieljojo, General Manager at Alessandra's Italian Eatery, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Alessandra's has enjoyed the local support and positive feedback from our guests over the years. We have always strived to take care of our guests. I offer an apology if you felt as though we fell short on offering you the same experience during your visit. Thank you, Management