“Good Location”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Lemont, Illinois
“Good Location”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here on our first night in town. The front desk clerk was very helpful, gave us a room and later walked down to the room to assist me with logging onto their internet access. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet. Some of the wallpaper in the room was peeling away in the corners. The area is loaded with restaurants for both breakfast and dinner within walking distance and farther down the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_sc070, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We came into town late and needed to stay a night before our cruise left. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We received our key and went to room 124 and when we opened the door it smelled of mildew. It was all over the ac the walls and bathroom. The carpet and bedding were damp and the bathroom was dirty. The shower door didn't close. I was afraid to touch anything but it was all we could find but I will never go back. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013
gm_sc070, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am sorry you had a bad experience during your recent stay. We strive to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please accept my apology.

Travelers are raving about these Summerville hotels

Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked the Sleep Inn in Summerville for a one night pre-cruise stay. The location was perfect; right off the interstate with a shopping center, a Walmart and plenty of restaurants within a very short distance of the hotel (including Sticky Fingers, our favorite restaurant to visit when we're in South Carolina). The drive to Charleston and the cruise port was only 15-20 minutes and I paid way less for our rooms than I could find anywhere in Charleston. The rooms were clean and provided what we needed between a long drive and the start of our vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_sc070, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We appreciate your comments and look forward to your staying with us again in the future.
Eastaboga
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here on our way into Charleston, and it was a good room for a good value. The hotel is a bit dated, but it was acceptable. The only issue we had was the shower door; it would not close, so water seeped out onto the floor and onto the carpet. The room had a bit of a damp feel to it and it might have been from the wet carpet near the shower door, not sure. It is located close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We will address your concerns with our staff. We appreciate all comments and will continue to strive to provide each guest with service and quality they deserve
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great location. I chose it to launch a trip to the plantations along Ashley River Road. Much cheaper than any accommodations in Charleston. For an overnight stop this is ideal, there are many restaurants and stores in the immediate vicinity. It is conveniently close to the freeway.

I checked in with an AAA reservation. The process was friendly and efficient. The room was basic, but clean. The wifi is free, The heating/cooling unit is a newer one and very quiet. There is a good selection of channels on the flat screen tv. There is a small microwave, refrigerator and coffee machine.

My problem was very loud music pounding into my room starting about 11:30 pm. I thought it was thin walls, but by midnight I realized it came from the parking lot. I called the front desk repeatedly for the better part of an hour and they did not answer. Finally, they did pick up and when I explained the problem, the lady immediately said she would call the police. The police arrived in minutes. There was a confrontation and the vehicle was removed.

I am concerned because it is 12:42 am and I am awake writing this review. I need to be up in less than 7 hours. I am also concerned about the security of my vehicle, which I did park directly under a strong security light. I am also worried by the lack of service at the front desk and, paradoxically, by how nonchalantly the complaint was accepted and solved. Clearly this is a regular occurrence at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Union, South Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a very nice, large room. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed with great pillows. The shower was showing some signs of age. Around the door was a little dirty and leaked some. I was pleased as usual, as I've stayed there several times for business trips. Price reasonable, staff friendly and the breakfast was just enough. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor