“Fun and family friendly!”
Review of Perfectly Frank's

Perfectly Frank's
Ranked #10 of 266 Restaurants in Summerville
Reston, Virginia
“Fun and family friendly!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Another Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives location checked off our list! The line is long, but moves quickly.

There are so many options to choose from and each was very tasty. The Frank Thomas (Chicago) dog was a bit off the "traditional" mark with the addition of sauerkraut, but my husband pronounced it worthy. I had the Frank Cuda (Bama) and it was probably the messiest hot dog I have ever devoured!
YUMMO

Sides of beer battered onion rings, sea salt chips and icebox pickles were all very good.

Visited July 2012

Summerville, South Carolina
“Doesn't Live Up to the Hype”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I know that Perfectly Frank's was featured on a Food Network show, and that a lot of locals will stand in a very long line to eat here, but this popular hotdog spot failed my "2 out of 3" test. (That's where I base my decision on whether on to patronize a place based on how good or bad it was 2 out of 3 times that I eat there.) The atmosphere and the service were great - I will give them their proper dues for that. And the menu choices...I didn't know that there were so many ways to fix a hotdog! They also have plenty of options for the non-hotdog eating folks. And now for the negative... The first time I ate there the hotdog was overcooked to the point of being tough, and the french fries, although tasty, were little 1/4"-1/2" pieces that were barely big enough to dip in ketchup. The second time I ate there the hotdog was cold, the bun was so dry that I finally discarded it altogether, and the fries were limp and undercooked. (Literally, I held one up and it drooped.) Maybe I'm just the unfortunate soul to have experienced two back-to-back meals during off-peak hours, but for my money, I'll make the 70-mile round trip to a hotdog joint in Mt. Pleasant or James Island to satisfy my craving.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank StilettoChic
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Miss a few of the old favorites.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

What happened to the Buffalo Shrimp and grits...Chile Mac? My old favorites are AOL. Bummer. Long lines but large portions and most items taste great. Sweat Potato frieds drizzled with honey and blue cheese are terrific. Don't eat here alot or some part of your body will explode. Not sure which part but something will be damaged.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Dogs in the LowCountry”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was our go to place when we lived in Summerville. Absolutely the best place in the metro area to get dogs at. If you have to pick just one place to eat when visiting Summerville, this should be at the top of your list.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BasenjiJack
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great chow”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Pretty busy place, it was worth waiting in line. Large portions and great tasting.