“Cardiac Friendly??”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Viera, Florida
“Cardiac Friendly??”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to Asheville. The room was a typicaly enjoyable Hampton room with a fridge and a microwave and wifi. The only complaint I had was that our room was on the second floor and we had to lug 2 heavy suitcases up 2 flights of stairs to our room. I'm 66 so it was no mean feat. This was the only room available. When asked if they had an elevator the clerk replied that they did not and that they were a Cardiac friendly hotel. Had to laugh at that kind of spin.

Room Tip: Pack light or get a ground floor room is my advice. No elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at the Summerville Hampton Inn. As others have stated, the property is (as of mid-2012) undergoing renovation. This did not seem to be affecting an overly large area of the hotel.

The check-in staff was friendly. For the most part, the room was clean, although the shower dial was caked in soap scum. The beds were comfortable, the hotel was quiet, and the location is convenient to several restaurants. I did not try the continental breakfast, as I woke up a bit too late. As others have stated, there is indeed no elevator on this property; I'm not sure if one will be coming with the renovation. My other drawback during my stay was the housekeeping personnel. They knocked on my door repeatedly several times in the morning within a ten minute period despite the door clearly being locked and deadbolted.

I was ready to rate this hotel with four stars, although I had to subtract a star due to an unrecovered lost article of clothing. I had realized I left a pair of pants at the hotel when I arrived at my next stop. After calling the hotel, I was told nobody had found the pants. Given the fact I had called within 24 hours, I was very disappointed in the fact I will probably be unable to recover this article of clothing.

I would recommend this property only if an elevator is not important and you remember to double-check for left clothing articles.

Room Tip: There is no elevator; if that is important, request a first floor room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SBaret7
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, clean hotel. They are doing a renovation on the first floor, so it is in disarray with bare walls, etc. this location does not have an elevator. The room was clean and quiet.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2012

GREAT STAFF, nice clean comfortable room, convenient 20 minutes from Charleston and Summerville is a quaint Southern town however the hotel is near a shopping area and close to the Highway. They have a pool which is well maintained and a great breakfast which is all include. Would definitely stay again! NO Elevator so if that is a problem request first floor but the hotel does fill up quickly!

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tangaroa
Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is right off of the freeway and near several restaurants and stores. My room was quiet and affordable, and no one batted an eye when I arrived relatively early after a red-eye flight to Charleston. My room was quiet.

The free breakfast is very convenient. One morning ( I was there for 3) the breakfast dining area was bustling,and I hoped to take care of a bit of work. The friendly staff let me slip into a meeting room to work in a quieter environment.

Though I had some trouble figuring out how to get on the frontage road where the entrance is, the location was great. I think that Google Maps doesn't know about the exit that is closest to the hotel. It suggested very strange directions back to the airport. Just ask at the desk for the more direct route.

Room Tip: Ground floor room near the pool was surprisingly quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Debra D
Stanfield, North Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Planned a trip to Charleston and gasped at the $200.00-$300.00 dollar a night rooms. A room in Summerville, SC at the Hampton Inn, just 20 minutes away from downtown Charleston was $99.79 a night and that was the total price!! Our room was clean, comfortable and the staff was just wonderful. It is two stories and has no elevator which was a small problem for our peron wearing a boot after foot surgery. They tried to accomodate us with a first floor room but none was available. Will definitetly go back. A full complimentary breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room if anyone has difficulty go upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BonnieBelle1446
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stood one night for work purposes. The staff was so nice to me and the people I was there with. The rooms are showing a bit of wear and tear (on the walls mainly) however they were all clean. I do warn you though- there is two floors but no elevator so if you cannot walk stairs with luggage it will be a problem.

Breakfast was amazing and delish. The lady managaing the buffet was so friendly. All of the receptionists were friendly and accomodating to our needs. The housekeeper even found someone's important paperwork and the receptionists tracked us down to let us know. I am so glad I found this place I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business