“Great value hotel near Charleston, SC”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Summerville
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Planned a trip to Charleston and gasped at the $200.00-$300.00 dollar a night rooms. A room in Summerville, SC at the Hampton Inn, just 20 minutes away from downtown Charleston was $99.79 a night and that was the total price!! Our room was clean, comfortable and the staff was just wonderful. It is two stories and has no elevator which was a small problem for our peron wearing a boot after foot surgery. They tried to accomodate us with a first floor room but none was available. Will definitetly go back. A full complimentary breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room if anyone has difficulty go upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BonnieBelle1446

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stood one night for work purposes. The staff was so nice to me and the people I was there with. The rooms are showing a bit of wear and tear (on the walls mainly) however they were all clean. I do warn you though- there is two floors but no elevator so if you cannot walk stairs with luggage it will be a problem.

Breakfast was amazing and delish. The lady managaing the buffet was so friendly. All of the receptionists were friendly and accomodating to our needs. The housekeeper even found someone's important paperwork and the receptionists tracked us down to let us know. I am so glad I found this place I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank a t
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Nice motel. Clean. However, no elevator. For older folks this is a problem, especially trying to carry luggage.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank durham9185
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were here for a 3 day workshop that was held in this hotel. Then we stayed three more days as "tourists". The staff of this Hampton Inn had to be some of the nicest, most helpful people I've ever had the priviledge to meet!! They were all very friendly and went out of their way to be of service. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was always good, and there were many choices. The bed was very comfortable. I could find no negative comments for this place. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you have heavy bags, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pamc440
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We recently spent 3 nights in Summerville while visiting Charleston, SC. The room was huge, it was almost the size of two 'normal' rooms. It had a refridg and microwave, couch, chair, etc. The attendant at the desk was extremely helpful. He helped us find restaurants, supplied us with laundry soap. By the way, it was much cheaper doing laundry at the hotel instead of at a laundrymat. The breakfasts were typical Hampton. It only took us 20 minutes to drive into town. There were many places in the area to eat. There is a Walmart right next door and that was nice. The hotel is right off the interstate. The hotel DOES NOT have an elevator and won't guarentee rooms on the first floor. It has two stories, but if you are limited that might be a problem.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room away from the interstate. We didn't hear any road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HaFinkne
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We walked in and I thought "oh, this is not going to be too good", but I was surprised by the decent rooms. There is no elevator as another reviewer mentioned. And the hallways and stairs are a little on the "tired" side. But, overall, for the price, it is a reasonable deal. I've seen better for the same price, but I certainly have seen worse, too!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pussuskattus
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I now have seen the info about a two story hotel without an elevator, but not before I left. It would not have been a huge deal if I had an overnight bag but I had a huge 49.5 lb bag for a stay for a week in Summerville, Newberry and at the lake.... a lot of weight to haul up the stairs by myself. I am not old or incapable. The room and bed were good. I would have liked a mini fridge. The breakfast was good. I would stay again but request a first floor room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family