“Great place to stay to visit Charleston area”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Tampa, Florida
“Great place to stay to visit Charleston area”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We just returned from a week's stay at the Hampton Inn Summerville, SC, and we were very pleased with our choice of hotels. The staff here was very friendly and extremely helpful, offering tips on area attractions and restaurants.

The hotel not only looked clean, it felt clean, which made the visit that much more enjoyable.We enjoyed the breakfast each morning, with something diffrerent each day. Summerville is a great "home base" when visiting Charleston, as we weren't more than a half hour from downtown Charleston, Mount Plesant, Wadmalaw Island,etc. There are several good restaurants near the hotel, as well.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AlandJaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed four nights at the Summerville Hampton Inn while visiting the Charleston area. I chose it based upon Tripadvisor reviews, and I was pleased with my choice. I found that Summerville is a real town with it's own charm, and not simply another highway interchange with a bunch of chain hotels. So it's a good place to stay if you don't mind driving 20 miles into Charleston for the day.

This Hampton Inn is only two floors with no elevator. Although it's near the highway interchange and a large Wal-Mart, the setting is quite nice and peaceful with plenty of shade and trees. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my king room on the first floor was pleasant and comfy. The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn, which is to say merely adequate. Wi-Fi at this hotel was too slow to watch Netflix movies on my laptop, which unfortunately is true at all the Hampton Inns I've visited. In contrast, Country Inn in Rocky Mount, NC and Baymont Inn near Savannah had fast Wi-Fi. That's important to me because video on my laptop keeps me in touch with things...

Overall, I recommend the Summerville Hampton Inn as a nice hotel and a decent value which is easily accessible to Charleston. Not the best hotel, but very acceptable, clean, and comfortable. I would return again if it fit my plans.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank chessie3315
Salem, VA
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I was “elected” by my family members (four sisters and two brother-in laws) to write you to let you know how much we appreciate the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff. It must be a great place to work because we see a lot of the same faces on each visit. Our family has stayed here for the past +/-10 years in April and sometimes we come back in late summer. We usually need three rooms when we come. My one sister is handicapped and requires special accommodations and her needs are always met.
I have phoned several times throughout the years and spoke with April who is consistently helpful and courteous. Her professionalism is commendable. Shawn is usually at the front desk when we check in. He, too, is always very courteous and professional. Upon arrival on our last visit he was having a bit of a “challenge” with another guest and he handled it with much grace and composure.
Anytime we encounter any of the staff in the hallways they always have a smile and a greeting.
The breakfast area is always clean and the foods are constantly replenished. There is always a nice variety to the selections of foods available.
With each visit we have found the entire facility to be well maintained, clean and in good order.
All of the above are important to us and we look forward to continue staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Soospig
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Stayed here for one night over Thanksgiving weekend (by the way the hotel is next to Walmart for the Black Friday shopping types :)). This property is very well maintained, and in a convenient location. The service and staff were great from check-in to breakfast, and breakfast was much better than the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. The decor is slightly older style than some other Hamptons, if that matters to you. However, we slept great with little noise or light coming into the room. We could definitely stay here again in the Charleston area...it seems a little quieter than the N. Charleston area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Midwestcouple
key largo
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This hotel was quiet, desk was pleasant, clean and good location. It doesn't have an elevator but thats not a problem if you don't have alot of bags. The breakfast was good, better than the norm. This hotel is a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seekmyface
Salem, VA
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I can't say enough nice things about this place. That's why I stay there with my family (sisters and brothers in law) each year. It takes 3-4 rooms for our group and the staff there always go above and beyond to accomodate us. One of my sisters has special needs and they always make sure she has the accomodations she needs.
The place is consistently clean and I've NEVER seen anything that needed updating or repaired in the years that we've stayed there.
As always, April is very gracious and Shawn has become a familiar fixture at the front desk in the afternoons and I know we will be well taken care of during our stay. Michael is just as gracious and helpful.
Each time we stay there from check-in to check-out we get the impression that the entire staff are there just serve us. BUT I've observed that ALL the guests are treated with the same courteous hospitality. Professionalism is another word to describe the fantastic staff! Kudo's to the person or persons in management that stresses good customer service....
The breakfast buffet is also consistently good with a nice variety of items to choose from. The bagel thing this year was new and delicious. Breakfast area also clean and well stocked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Soospig
Towson, MD
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed three nights. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were clean, service was excellent. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Comfort Suites Summerville
Comfort Suites Summerville
#6 of 10 in Summerville
Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!