“Hometown Favorite”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our family loves this Diner. Everything is hot and fresh. The owners and servers are a top notch family! Had red chicken stew here Sarurday and wow- I will come back. The Macaroni Casserole was a first for me and its was delish!!

There are newer reviews for Summerton Diner

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just as many other reviewers have said, this is good solid diner food, with extremely friendly and nice staff. My husband got the "meat and 3" special, and I got the "4 sides" combo. Everything was good, home cooking. Great value. They close at 8:30, and we made it there just a little after 8pm. Staff was busy doing their nightly cleaning, but were still happy to serve us.

Driving in at night IS a little scary, as folks have said. Its a mile or two off I-95, and not particularly well-lit. But it is there! It is a real diner. Not a new diner trying to be nostalgic. It is thoroughly cleaned, but everything is pretty old, which adds to the atmosphere.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We are regular and frequent patrons at the Summerton Diner. The food is always fresh, well prepared and delicious. And what a deal! You get a choice of meats, three veggies, dessert and tea for just $6.50. The employees are friendly and helpful and always have a smile for you. We live nearby, but I have talked to people who go there from other towns... just to get a wonderful country meal.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stopped at the Summerton Diner on our ride from Beaufort to Raleigh. It was a great mid-point stop for my family and we generally enjoyed lunch. My overall feeling was that this "greasy spoon" delivered a good meal for a very reasonable price. I generally consider comfort food to be a little heavy and this fit that description. The staff was very friendly and it was clear that this business is doing quite well. Our party was large and so our selection off the menu was pretty broad. We definitely like some things better than others...

The beef that was used in the open faced roast beef sandwich and a steak sandwich was very thinly sliced which resulted in a slightly dry serving of beef. The gravy was very tasty and served to help resolve the dry issue in the open face sandwich.

The liver dish was well enjoyed by two members of our party. They both highly recommended it. The fried chicken was also quite good.

My general sense is that this is a good place if you're looking for really authentic southern cooking - but it won't necessarily blow your socks off. The service is good, prompt and friendly. The decor is standard local diner - with no real distinguishing features either good or bad. As as I mentioned the food was definitely decent.

1  Thank GStur
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were so lucky to stop off along I-95 on our way to Florida, looking for a diner via GPS. I would say this was the best meal we had on the entire trip! For about $6, we had roasted chicken and three delicious sides, such as apple salad, sweet potato fries, squash, collard greens,etc., and ice cream or pudding My daughter had a kid's ham steak with rice and fries. We also had lemon merengue pie (it was hard to choose from the many homemade desserts like strawberry cake, chocolate cream pie, coconut pie, various fruit pies, etc.) and some great sweet tea. The meal came with delicious corn muffins and biscuits, and they gave us extra to take on our trip...they sure came in handy in the car. Our waitress was kind and provided great service, even after my daughter spilled her iced tea everywhere! The diner was small, not fancy, but clean and comfortable. It was very close to I-95. The bill was $26, and they only take cash or local checks. This will become a definite stop on any future trips!

1  Thank TarahDee