“Perfect dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Virginia
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I SO wish I lived near this restaurant. I would return often so I could try everything on their menu!
My husband and I agreed this was the best meal we'd had during our week long stay on Isle of Palms. We had meals in Charleston, and in Mount Pleasant also. I'm very glad we found this place. We do plan to return.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lilybelle344

Durham, North Carolina, USA
“Sunday Brunch Mimosas”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A great find! Generous mimosas, portions, delicious food and cheerful, prompt service. We had the Chicken Hash and the Green Chili Chicken and Black Bean Omelette. Will definitely revisit.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kimgd
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent meal - definately a repeat”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had an excellent experience at High Thyme. My wife and I were not exceptionally hungry so we dinned on appetizers. We shared the scallop appetizer which was very tasty especially with the ham accent. I had the tuna and my wife had the salmon cake, both very good. We will give the restaurant a conditional excellent rating ....... the condition is that you must expect a somewhat loud and energetic bar crowd. However, on the Thursday night we visited, the noise level was acceptable and we were able to carry on a decent table side conversation. This is a repeat for us.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank KNV_tamu
New York City, New York
“Nice spot for a quiet dinner”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner here while vacationing in Sullivan's Island. Food and wine were both excellent and the service was attentive. Overall very enjoyable.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TravelingNYMommy
South Carolina
“Even better than before”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I spend a lot of time in the Charleston area, and have been coming here 3 or 4 times a year for about 10 years. We've been here several times since I last reviewed it in 2012, and I now want to raise my rating from "very good" to "excellent." As many others have pointed out, this restaurant and bar is very popular with locals; it is small, nice-casual, friendly and serves great food for reasonable prices. I usually order a salad and appetizer, or two appetizers, which is a lot of food. I almost always get the Cioppino appetizer, which is entree size and as good as anywhere I have been (fish, mussels, shrimp in a tomato sauce, with bread for dipping). Tonight, I also had the special bruschetta appetizer with shrimp, calamari and olives. Delicious! My wife often gets the Duck Confit Stuffed Mushroom, and it is usually excellent, but sometimes the duck is tough. The warm chocolate cake is a wonderful (and very rich) dessert. As others have said, many items on the menu are very good.

Like any small restaurant, High Thyme can get overwhelmed or have an off night, but we have loved it 9 out of 10 times. It is one of our favorite places in the Charleston area, and we have been to dozens. It can get loud at times, and the chairs are the small, wooden kind with no padding, but still comfortable. Some nights have special events (such as Tapas Tuesday), so check before you go to see if it is something you would like.

• Visited September 2013