“Great restaurant!”

Sullivan's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I agree with the other reviewers on this restaurant. It doesn't look like much, but this restaurant is one of the best seafood restaurants we've ever been to. The food is great and the service very good. Don't miss Sullivan's when you go to Sullivan's Island!

6 Thank travelbugbigtime

paminpoq
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We found out about Sullivan's from our hotel valet. The food was really great. The seafood was FRESH and the shrimp and grits were the best I'd ever had. The atmosphere is casaul. We spent approx. $65 for 3 adults without alcohol.

5 Thank paminpoq
Archdale, North Carolina
“We Will Be Back!”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Mostly because of the reviews from this website and others my wife ate at Sullivan's this evening. The restaurant is rather small and quant but the food is extra special.
My wife had the whole fried flounder and it was mouth watering. I had the "Original" Shrimp and Grits. This was my first sample of some low country cooking and I was not disappointed.
The sides for both entrees were very good as well and we split a slice of homemade keylime pie that was so "sweet".

If you are looking for seafood in the Charleston area I would suggest you put Sullivan's at the top of your list.

5 Thank PastorD2
Knoxville, TN
“High Quality food with a down home feel”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We've been to Sullivan's several times over the last 10 years...ever since a local resident told us about the place. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it has some of the best seafood in the area. I've never had a bad meal or unpleasant experience here. This past weekend I had a whole fried flounder with shrimp, okra, and cole slaw while my wife had stuffed Talapia. Both dishes were excellent. On Sundays they serve a brunch/lunch that includes desserts like banana pudding, peach cobbler, apple cobbler and chocolate cake...all homemade. It's a great place to eat, and it's family friendly...not a stuffy kind of place. It feels like home.

5 Thank tmynatt
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Kept Secret Around!”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

We have eaten at every "major" seafood restaurant in the Charleston area - have made trips several times per year for the past 20 years - and about 15 years ago we asked an antiques dealer in Mt. Pleasant where the "locals" go for seafood. She smiled broadly and said, "The best kept secret around is a little place called Sullivan's out on Sullivan's Island... and gave us directions. We dined there that night and loved it.

We haven't been to another seafood restaurant in the Charleston area in 15 years. No need. The food there is fabulous, the prices are very reasonable and the quantity is such that my husband and I sometimes split the large seafood platter. Their oysters and scallops are huge....succulent, and the shrimp is great also. Their fresh veggies and salads are great also.

We just arrived home tonight from several days in the area and ate at Sullivan's two nights out of three. Last night we decided to try a recommended spot in Mt. Pleasant (Locklears) and the seafood was good, but does not compare with Sullivan's in our opinion.

While in North Charleston shopping on Tues. night, I asked a clerk where the locals get seafood..... she wrinkled her nose and said, "Not right here - you have to go into Charleston or Mt. Pleasant and there is this little place out on Sullivan's Island called Sullivans......" I started laughing. After 15 years, the locals are STILL recommending Sullivan's. It is great and you will miss a seafood treat in quality, quantity, and price if you don't try it, but go early or plan to wait outside for seating... LT - Hendersonville, NC; Maynardville, TN.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member