“A taste of home”

Residence Inn Spartanburg
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Got there late but the check-in staff was a good pick-me-up after a long day of travel. First room smelled of smoke (just a little) and they moved me with no problems. Small but nice pool area, basketball area, very small workout room with limited equipment. Breakfast was well above average for this type of hotel, dinner/snacks were not bad. Staff friendly at all times. Free parking. Rooms aren't new and could use some new furniture, but for the deal I got on priceline, this place was fantastic. This is a great place for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Letting me know that my staff lifted your spirits after a tiring day on the road is about the best compliment you could have given us, and I shared your review with our entire team today at our morning 'Huddle.' That, in turn, started THEIR day off right!

I also wanted to let you know that we are currently in the planning stages for a complete renovation of our guestrooms and Gatehouse, and hope to have that work underway and completed within the next several months.

We hope to see you again the next time your travel takes you from the 'Big D' back to Spartanburg.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very clean, top notch staff and my maltipoo approves. Stayed in April and may this year - 2 different rooms, very pleased each time. Pool area, grilling area and tennis court/basketball area is very well kept. If I'm in the neighborhood I will for sure be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We always love hearing from our guests about how much they enjoyed staying at our hotel, but the extra 'seal of approval' from your four-legged traveling companion really made our day!

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our pet-friendly hotel. As they say here in the South, "Y'all come back real soon now, you hear?"

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The friendly staff and ease of check-in was a pleasure. My room was in the courtyard area and easily accessible from the perimeter parking. The grounds were clean and the room was clean an spacious. It included a sitting area and a small kitchenette. One of the other guests mentioned the thin pillows and I have to agree, because I also used all five. In addition the mattress seemed to have been slept on on one side, but the bed was definitely comfortable. The breakfast was good and it was very quiet in the evening. It's located near Business I-85 and I never heard the first car sound. The hotel is conveniently located near I-26 and business I-85 making it very easy to get anyplace in and around Spartanburg. I've stayed there a few times and it's friendly staff, cleanliness, and convenient location bring me back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for your very kind and detailed review of your stay with us. I could (almost) use it as an advertisement for the services and amenities of our hotel!

About the pillows... My apologies that they did not meet your needs. As I mentioned to an earler reviewer, we are in the process of upgrading of all our pillows to a thicker, larger, and more luxurious queen size. This changeover will be completed soon, so please come back and enjoy an even better night's sleep at the Residence Inn Spartanburg!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 5 nights here and it was great for the price. Used priceline. The staff was very friendly and nice, big plus to have the laundry and to have the kitchen. I really enjoyed it the room and property are clean and the breakfast is nice and there is a light dinner monday thru thursday. the downside is the pillows are thin they are down and you will need all five and the tv channels are not that good and there is static. I love how close to the fresh market the hotel is and overall I was very happy with the stay.

Room Tip: i liked being downstairs since I had equipment that I had to clean each night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

As I mentioned to another of our guests below, we are now about three weeks away from cutover to a new TV service which will more than double the number of channels we receive (over 50% will be HD stations), and resolve the reception problems you experienced.

In addition, we are in the process of outfitting all of our rooms with queen-sized pillows to help ensure a restful night's sleep.

We greatly appreciate the positive remarks about our staff, property and breakfast, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved the hotel. The appliances looked newer. There were plenty of restaurants around so I just brought some food back from a barbecue joint. I was staying there on my way to a football game at Tennessee. The TV service wasn't the greatest. The place was clean both inside and out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thanks for your review. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of installing an upgraded TV service which will more than double the number of channels we receive (including over 30 HD stations). Ths should all be in place in about a month. I hope you'll return soon to experience the difference!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It really does feel like you're at home. I've stayed here quite a few times over the past year but hadnt been back in a long time and all of the staff remembered me. The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is good. There's a Cracker Barrell right next door which is great. The location is great really close to everything yet you feel very secluded.

• Stayed: January 2013
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hi Carl, it was so good to have you back with us. Your kind review is most appreciated, and I'll be sure to share it with my team. See you again soon?

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here due to good price on Priceline, and Residence Inn is usually a reliable choice. The room was good as expected, very quiet, no problems. I should say that the quality of the breakfast food was quite poor - scrambled eggs were awful, ditto for the "turkey" bacon. So if you stay here, you might not get such a great value if you are counting on the free breakfast to make it worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dave D, General Manager at Residence Inn Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about your generally positive experience at our hotel, however please accept my sincere apology that some of our breakfast was not up to your expectations. We strive to provide high quality, nutritious food each morning for our guests, and I'm sorry we did not measure up in this instance. I hope you will return and allow us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Spartanburg.