“poor service and crappy room”

Motel 6 Spartanburg
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Blacksburg, South Carolina, United States
“poor service and crappy room”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

To start with the quoted price was not what was charged , clerk had a smart mouth and attitude, Beds are too small no fridge or microwave. We needed a bath tub and asked for one got a prison shower stall . Reason being she had surgery and could not get area wet . The local crack motel has bigger rooms and fridge,microwave water is hotter and better pressure . The beds were stained and pillows dirty at motel 6 . We were going to stay several days but will upgrade to the local crack motel that is cheaper and better . If you just want to waste your money go ahead but we will pass the word to buisness partners and our large group of freinds not to go to motel 6 . The location is in Spartanburg on 221 room 202 .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Melody H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I needed a room for 4 hours. I had a short period of time between shifts. This place had a small room with a big shower. The towels were clean as was the the rest of the room. It was small. For the big shower ask for the hadicap room. the biggest drawback was the beds,both of them, were up against the walls.

Room Tip: the rates do go upon the week-end. 4.00 does not seem ike much. The posted rate was 29.00. No elevat...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gopaulz
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Filthy room, Rude staff from front desk to housekeeping, did not get one minute of sleep at this roach motel!
After many hours of interstate driving around 5 am I began to fall asleep while driving and determined to stop at the very next motel I saw- unfortunately it happened to be this one.
Front desk clerk paid no attention to anything I said and was nearly unintelligible with how she mumbled. Explaining that I wanted a few hours of decent sleep before I was back on the road I asked for a room "away from everyone else" SHe put me as far from a stairwell in the second floor as she could- as if to punish me for such a complicated special request! Not only that, but the room was located in the middle of a group of out of town contractors whom- you guessed it- revved up diesel engines right about 5:30 AM. No sleep for me until at least 8-9 am and then as I barely drifted off to sleep a knock at the door at 10:15 am from housekeeping asking if I was staying an additional day. Now, why is this annoying? Because after working in the hotel industry years ago it was a courtesy to allow a person who checked in after 330 am to stay the full day- NOT AT THE MOTEL 6 Spartanburg! I suggested that this courtesy be extended to me to at leas allow me to get a few hours sleep. That prompted a phone call from the manager telling me that I had to be out by 11. As I was packing up my things housekeeping came again to hurry me out and the manager called once more to make sure I understood. The checkout process was more like an eviction than a checkout! If you find yourself looking for a place to stay off of I-85 in this area... keep on driving brother- this place aint the one!

Room Tip: Stay the hell away from this motel!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank fistfullaholla
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was a forced stayover because nothing else was available, we'd been driving ALL DAY and could not continue on another 8 hours to our destination without possibly running off the side of the road. All that was available was "this excuse of a motel." This is why we slept in our clothes all night with one eye open:

Where to begin? Filthy carpet. DEAD bloodfilled bedbugs. Mattresses no decent person would let a stray cat sleep on. Faulty plumbing. The non smoking room smelled like it was bombed with ash-tray scented aerosol spray. Too old to think about, smoking ash trays served as soap dishes. rips and holes in sheets that probably were NEVER cleaned. The front desk person said if we gave them a perfect rating we'd get a discount. Moldy shower, pipes shook when turning on the sink water.

A dungeon in 14th probably would have had more appeal...or a Florida marsh with Swamp Thing living in it. We got the sleep, most uncomfortable obviously, that we needed and got the daylights outta there...before SWAT showed up for any hidden fugitives who might have been hanging out there. SAD SAD SAD!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this place like the bubonic plague. Poor lighting, and very unsafe! The only reason t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Centsible
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2010

On checking in they tried to charge us a higher rate when we said we would email Motel 6 to complain they suddenly charged us the rate we had booked £22 plus tax. The room was OK but the door lock was a bit dodgy. The hotel is in the middle of no where and we had to drive 10 minutes to eat. Beds were small and lack of towels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheScubaDuo
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stopped here on a Tuesday night on my way to Georgia. The room with tax was less than $30.00. Check in/out went well. The desk clerks were very polite and even spoke English. The room and linens were were clean. The bathroom was very clean. Shower had very hot water with good pressure. Carpet was in good shape. The outside of the facility is being well maintained and landscaped. The motel itself is somewhat dated but that seems to be the case with many Motel 6's. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank VIRGINIAUSA2000
USA
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Visiting Spartanburg to tour Converse College with 2 teenagers. Upon checkin, I noticed the hotel was older but appeared clean. The first room 124 was a migraine waiting to happen as the a/c was rattleing. My request to be moved met with an apology and a room 2 doors down. The new room appeared clean. At appx 10:30pm, the ALARM went off. I didn't know it was the 'alarm' until I dialed 0. The fire alarm went off and it was this ear piercing noise that would not STOP. After an hour of tourture, it finally was turned off. Then it went off again 2 more times in the night, last time being around 5:30am. Sleep was horrible- as in NO sleep. But moreover, it was torture listening to that racket.
So that night returning to the room, bloodshot eyes, so tired from lack of sleep- the room key would not open the door. Neither of them. After walking over to the office to get keys, I was told since I was staying more than one night my keys are AUTOMATICALLY deactivated at noon on the 2nd day....preventing entrance for the 2nd night. I had already paid up front so why would they make me go through this?
Then at 8pm the alarms started again! I demanded a refund and was leaving! The fire department showed up while I was in the office and the clerk said the problem would be fixed then.
Luckily no more issues and finally some sleep.
DO not stay here!