“Good value if you keep your slippers on”

Red Roof Inn Spartanburg
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed November 7, 2012

2 complaints... The carpet was extremely dirty! Otherwise the rest of the room was clean. Complaint #2, we had an outside entry room on the first floor and the room upstairs had some very noisy people. However, the innkeeper was a very nice and friendly woman who offered alot of helpful information and driving directions.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have outdoor entries which is convenient for smokers. Upstairs rooms are a bit larg...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Becks67

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I travel a lot for business and pleasure and look to tripadviser reviews when choosing a hotel. I reserved this hotel for 2 nights and when my trip got extended, I checked out along with a co-worker who had also chosen this hotel, and we both checked into the local Comfort Suites. My room was to be non-smoking but there were cigarette burns in the carpet and the comforter. The room smelled of cigarette smoke and looked dingy. There was a roach in the bathtub. I did not arrive until midnight and had to be on a job early the next morning so did not demand another room, just needed sleep after a long day of travel. Having stayed in hotels all across the country, I would have to rank this in my bottom 2. Breakfast was Danish and coffee only.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kneed2walk
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I found a great coupon in the coupon book that we got at the S.C. border rest stop for this hotel and after checking out reviews on Trip Advisor decided to stay. The reception area held some awards that the hotel had received and it was clean with a very friendly receptionist. The rooms were nicely sized but did not have coffee makers in them. Breakfast area had a nice array of items for a cold continental breakfast and was neatly arranged. The stairway leading up to the second floor rooms needed to be spruced up but the rooms and rest of the property led me to think that someone really cared about making this property nice. It was definitely a good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tlynn63
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Everything was great. It was really clean the staff was super friendly. Internet worked excellent. The pillows where thick, fluffy and clean! The mattress wasn't to soft or to hard we slept great in it. Microwave, fridge and the AC worked just fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Simone S
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed just a few days ago and this is the only hotel i ever i've stay at in spartanburg. Its not too fancy and the staff was very friendly. The wifi and everything worked perfectly fine here! The beds and everything really made me feel like i was sleeping in my own bed. Overall the rooms are clean and i would definitely recommend people to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank kewlblue10
Reviewed August 29, 2012

In the general vicinity of this motel are 4 low priced motels. This is the first time I stayed at this one.
The room seemed clean. What annoyed me? The mini-fridge froze the items I put in there.
The microwave was unplugged, but worked....sort of.... it would beep for no reason when not in use. (Guess that's why it was unplugged?)
Oh, I never could get the internet to work.

The breakfast fare was minimal. While the place was not totally bad, I think the other choices in the area around the same price are a little better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is simply awesome. We chose to stay here on a recent family trip. We arrived at the property not knowing too much about it. We looked around outside and everything was well lit and clean. Things got better and better from that point on. The friendly staff got us checked in quickly. Upon entering the room we were blow away. It was obvious that the staff took great pride in the property. Everything was pristine and very well layed out. We soon discovered that we forgot to pack out child's play pen. I went to the front desk to ask for a crib, not knowing if they would have one on short notice or what kind of shape it would be in. What I got was a very friendly and quick delivery of a crib that was as clean as a brand new one. We had a more pleasant stay here than at a Wyndam Garden the week before. In summary if you plan to be in the area...don't stay anywhere else!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family