All reviews traffic circle front desk king bed was comfortable business travel fast food late checkout wear and tear not hesitate to stay here again only stayed one night easy access needed a place to stay exercise room long drive staff was very friendly and helpful great room ice machine downtown spartanburg
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but the housekeeping staff leaves a lot to be desired. First night was fine but on return to our room for the next night we found it to be uncleaned. Complained and was told it would be taken care of. Came back later and still found it only half better. Manager came and looked at what wasn't done and had a staff come to take care of things. Third time was a charm and it was done. Check your drawers, table tops, refrigerator and towels upon arrival. We paid top dollar for three night stay but was very disappointed in the care of our room. We were offered free cocktail and breakfast but sure doesn't make up for the cost of this disappointing stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Escape38317786896, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spartanburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

We are sorry to hear of your experience at this hotel. We are always striving to ensure a great stay. We are following up on your stated complaints. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Very friendly staff and the room was very clean. The conditioner in the shower was empty and I didn’t like how the toiletry items aren’t single use. The large shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were a fixed to the shower wall. It was a little noisy, but I didn’t lower the rating score because that obviously has nothing to do with the hotel. They can’t help that people are rude and slam doors! Breakfast was not included and the cafe options were super weird. I was traveling with my 7 year old and some plain pancakes would have been great...not lemon blueberry ricotta. Overall it was a great stay

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2019

So the rating level I decided upon is kind of an average - given that the manager and staff ultimately deserved a higher rating but the hotel itself, and due to things they largely can't control, would have led me to give a lower rating. My experience having spoken with the manager at length (after a noisy crowd of softball moms kept us up until they left at 1 and then again when they came back at 2am) is that one should know the following: there are very few double (2 bed) rooms at this hotel as Courtyards are considered "business" hotels. As such, I had been given a handicapped room on the 1st floor overly close to where these moms gathered near the front to meet, and with a connecting door to some of them for added noise. Again, this is the way the hotel is set up, and rude guests - along with the general age of the hotel (always a clue to age when the bathrooms don't have a vent) and somewhat noisy highway location - are not things they can control. The cleaning staff did a great job, the check-in staff allowed me a late checkout, and the manager gave me Marriott points to make amends for our very lousy nights sleep... so they did the best they could with what they have.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2018

We stayed here overnight after spending Thanksgiving Day with family. A little weird getting to it but not a big problem. Parking was free, the hotel was clean, our 3rd floor room had a king bed and a sofa bed. The heat was a little quirky to figure out but was ok and the king bed was comfortable and we had a good and quiet nights rest. There were enough towels and the space was good, no complaints about the shower. There was a strip mall and a supermarket nearby, not far from the highway or main street. Didn't have breakfast but the breakfast bar looked nice, otherwise no complaints.

Room tip: not too near the elevator is probably quieter in the morning
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Excellent stay vs. my last visit.
Very impressed by the staff's courtesy (from check-in to accommodating my late checkout request.) Additionally, the night manager took proactive steps to squelch a handful of guests frolicking in the pool late on Sunday.
Nice experience!! Thanks...

Room tip: The third floor is quietest.
Date of stay: October 2018