“Great customer service”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
columbus, ohio
“Great customer service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I want to say that I initially had a room booked at the Marriott. I requested an early check in. Now I know that is not guaranteed. I am a platinum premier rewards member. Well i had a meeting cancellation and try checking in at 12noon. I wasn't expecting to get a room that early but I was hoping to get my name on the list. I was treated fairly poor and seemed like I was inconveniencing the front desk clerk. I cancelled and booked at this cy hotel.

Well, Tana was working the front desk and she told me they were booked the night earlier but asked for my ph number and would call me when a room was available. She called me about a half hr later. That is customer service and I would have expected that from marriott but I am very thankful for Tana.

The hotel is a typical cy, but Internet speed is great and they have plenty if outlets for our gadgets. The only downside is the location. Good for travelers driving but if u need to walk for food this isn't the place.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very clean, quiet, responsive staff, good bed - I wish they hired a designer whose head wasn't stuck in the 1980's - but everything was well done. We went across the street for breakfast so I cant comment on the restaurant - but - Ill be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GIBSONVILLE
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Courtyard Marriott in Spartanburg is a super place to stop if traveling Interstate 85 in SC. Convenient. Clean. Friendly. Recently remodeled great Bistro for you dining. Good rates. Stop with confidence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Newly remodeled Courtyard with great parking , new bar/food area, friendly staff. I enjoyed my business stay so much I added a night just to relax.
The hotel is a little hard to find since you use same road as highway ramp but once there no trouble whatsoever!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Leelex
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great hotel, roomy and quiet. Great rooms with renovated interior. Comfy clean beds. Baths are a bit on the small side but I don't tend to spend a lot of time there. WiFi is free or $4.95 a day for faster speed which I didn't need. Pretty nice pool.

Excellent, small cafe with great breakfast selection. Not free but worth paying for. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Room away from highway is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JSD47630
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Need to say up front that the hotel is clean, has been newly remodeled and that our stay was just fine. The remodel (the room looked just like a Courtyard room I stayed at a few months ago in a brand new CYM) saved the whole experience. I made a last minute reservation, got a very good rate for a Friday night and we had no issues with the hotel at all except that parking was a bit tight. The area leaves a lot to be desired though. It is safe, that's not the issue, but it's located at an old main exit off what is now I85B and so there's really nothing around but gas stations and fast food. Spartanburg is small and getting to Wofford (where we were playing baseball) or downtown for eating (limited options) was not a big deal but the area is just unimpressive at best. That said, if we were in the area and needed lodging again for a quick night, I would not hesitate to stay there. If I needed somewhere for several nights, I'd stay at the regular Marriott or one of the hotels over near the mall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2BEis2SKI
Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here during a last minute trip for a funeral. They gave us a great rate and the rooms were unexpectedly nice considering the rate. I normally stay in much nicer hotels, but honestly, the rooms were comparable to more expensive hotels. The exterior of the hotel itself is nothing to admire and the hallways are kinda dark and depressing, but again, the rooms are nice once you close the door. The only complaint about the rooms is the fact that the sink and dressing area are outside the bathroom and the overhead lighting is horrible. I did love the cafe and main lobby areas. Very contemporary and nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family