“not clean”

Days Inn Spartanburg Waccamaw
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Not impressed, very dirty, pubic hairs on bathroom floor from previous customers. The bathroom was so old and dirty we didnt even bother to take a shower, I couldnt wait to leave. Hotel was off the main road with no signs directing you. Hotel was not very well lit, did not feel safe here. Upon checkout no one thanked us or even bothered toa sk if everything was okay. I dont usually write reviews on hotels but this stay was so bad I thought I would put this out there, took my daughter back to college and just stayed for one night, if you are a female traveling alone I would not recommend this one.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2008

We were traveling home and called Orbitz to book a room for the evening. We asked for a hotel not a motel. Days Inn was pet friendly, something we needed, and one of the few places not sold out. So in the end we were in a bind for a place to sleep. The rep. said all of the reviews on her screen were 5 stars for this "motel", not really sure what screen she was looking at or what kind of travelers would rate this "motel" a 5 but they all need their eyes checked. This is a motel not a hotel, Orbitz does not distinguish between hotels and motels, in my opinion a motel has outdoor entrances to each room where a hotel has all interior hallway rooms and a better level of comfort and quality. I can only blame myself for not booking in advance but this was short notice since we returned home earlier than anticipated. I can however warn other travelers not to book this place. The first room we were put in was in a breezeway and there was a secondary door connecting the room to the main lobby hall, the door let so much light into the room, through the reveals, it might as well have been open. We asked for another room and were given one. Was the second room any better? No, but what was I going to do spend the night in the car with my 2 Pekingese dogs?.......No. The room was musty smelling and the A/C filters were clogged with dust and dirt. I ended up cleaning them and disinfecting them to feel better. The toilet did not flush correctly and the mattress was awful. The front lighted sign actually said, "Try our new mattresses." My only question to that would be where were they put? Not in our room. The night wore on with little sleep due to the fact that people kept coming and going in the other rooms(I'm not talking about checking into sleep something was going on other than sleeping and I don't want to know what.) and in the parking lot. We did not feel safe. The only thing I can say is only stay here if you are in a jam like we were. Do not stay here based on any good reviews there is something desperately wrong with anyone that would praise this Days Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Not impressive, but also not bad place. I arrived late at night so my stay there was for a few hours but the place looked fine. Check in was super-fast and the clerk was ok. I booked a two bed room (for me only) and it was huge and clean. Room had fridge and microwave. Additionally, wireless internet was available in the room but was very slow (like a dial-up). One of the bathroom towels had stains of something. The breakfast was ok but very very very simple. A few bagels, donuts, coffee and juice. I didnt like the warning sign saying: Do not take food outside this area. I cannot take a bagel in my room? The location seems fine but again I cannot write much since I arrived very late there.
Anyway, the hotel is a deal if you book online ahead (like I did). Then you get a room for just $39. And for that price the hotel offers many amenities.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2007

We reserved a room based on opinions here. Upon arrival, the first room had a toilet that was loose and shaky and the bathroom door was beyond repair. We were given another room. There had been severe plumbing problems and the wall had disintegrated due to moisture and the bathroom was moldy. When leaving the room, two prostitutes informed us that, "We've used most of the rooms here and they were fine." We left and stayed at the Choice Inn across the road.

Fatz Cafe however was wonderful and we would recommend them.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank iNDYIndiana
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Stayed for one night on our way to Folly Beach, SC on Friday June 8.

Check in was quick and easy. I did try to call a couple of days before and spoke with the national call number and they could not locate our reservation, but when I called (long distance) the hotel they had the reservation.

We had a room with two queen beds and they were comfortable and the room relatively clean (a little dusty kind of stuff in the bathroom on the tile).

The pool provided evening entertainment for the children. At the time it was a little cold for the adults' taste.

Overall a good experience with this property.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Wuesterbunny
Reviewed May 25, 2007

Nice and clean rooms; very helpful and friendly staff. Hotel was a great bargain.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family