“Good spot if you are stuck in Spartanburg”
Review of Southern Barbecue

Southern Barbecue
Ranked #94 of 332 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good spot if you are stuck in Spartanburg”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Finding ourselves in Spartanburg and staying in a hotel right beside this restaurant we decided to try some southern BBQ. The young waitress was a pleasure to deal with - fun and friendly and really made the experience. The food was ok but not great. Had the BBQ and rib combo consisting of shredded pork, BBQ beans, coleslaw and hush puppies. The ribs were bland as was the BBQ sauce. The beans, coleslaw and hush puppies were all good but nothing to write home about. If you are in the area and have a craving for BBQ try this place out - if you don't have really high expectations you may not be let down.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“BBQ SALAD”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

been many times and I am addicted to the BBQ Salad and hush puppy's!!! Fantastic, Friendly staff with quick service!

ohio
“Very different and very good”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been told "there is no good bbq in South Carolina -- it's all vinegar based chopped pork"

Well I like to try things and see for myself. I've had vinegar based BBQ before, but never in SC, its home. So I stopped here to give it a go.

Well, what can I say? I'm converted. The stuff was great! These folks know what they're doing.

The staff was very friendly, and the waitress was especially charming and attentive. We will be back, and it can't be soon enough!

• Visited October 2013
“Wow”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm not normally a fan of vinegar-based bbq, but wow! The chopped pork was outstanding. The hot sauce, although not really hot, was packed with flavor. The mild sauce, a tomato-based sauce was incredible. Putting that stuff on anything is a win. I tried their "bbq slaw". It wasn't like any other slaw I've ever had and to be honest, I really liked it. Again, GREAT flavor!
And their hush puppies are the best I have ever had! Nothing else even comes close.
The real special thing about this place is the people who work there. I had the pleasure of being waited on by Hannah - who could not have shown me any more southern hospitality.
Listening to her banter with the other two working was a real treat. It reminded me of being home with family and friends for the holidays.
Great experience.

• Visited September 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Best BBQ Lunch Place in Spartanbur”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great service, great found. Nothing fancy just a husband and wife team who serve up a great lunch. We visit at least once a week and have for years. I guess you'd call us regulars!!!

• Visited August 2013