“They've got Smoked Turkey!”
Review of Southern Barbecue

Southern Barbecue
Ranked #94 of 332 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Greensboro, N.C.
“They've got Smoked Turkey!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm a trucker and get around a bit. Plus I know good "Q" and this place has it! Amy and her husband have built up a good business with friendly service as well as good food. I especially like their smoked turkey as the title of this review tells you. Their BBQ, Brunswick stew, hot dogs; everything I've tried is a tasty delight! Drop on in; you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

“Very good BBQ at great price”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We were hoping to find a good BBQ spot for lunch while traveling from NC to GA. I chose this spot based on reviews and fact that right off I-85 and we were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and service was fast. I liked both sauces with my chopped BBQ. My husband got combo plate with ribs and BBQ and he really liked everything. Very generous portions and Great hush puppies! Prices were very reasonable.
There was a nice lunch crowd there and everyone seemed to be enjoying their food.

• Visited June 2013
Chciago
“Located right off the Main Highway!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are traveling here or traveling through, as we were, this is a very good choice to try some original BBQ. Sounds like an ad doesn't it? Well, we had no affiliation with the place and in fact, at first drove right past it. What you will enjoy most are the prices. It is very affordable! So, I was skeptical; what would we get for that price? Well, we were surprised, because they certainly did not skimp. BBQ was delicious, sauces were fine and all the sides were delicious. It is not a scenic place, but it was clean inside and the staff was ready to wait on you at the drop of a hat. I would say that if you need a quick eat and go or looking for a reasonable buck, it's a good place to try.

• Visited May 2013
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
“Great BBQ for SC!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I had pulled of exit 78 on I-85 to get gas. While I was pumping the most incredible smell of smoking meat came wafting over to me. Started looking around and saw Southern Barbeque on the other side of Raceway. When I got finished pumping my gas I had to go inside to check it out. I reminded me of the BBQ places back in NC where I'm from. Nothing fancy but very clean, and smelled wonderful. I have learned in SC to be wary of BBQ places. I hate mustard based sauces on my BBQ. Southern Barbeque uses a vinegar based sauce which is delicious. I got 2 pulled pork sandwiches with BBQ slaw and an order of potato salad to go, to share with my husband. The sandwiches were great and we'll be eating them again. The potato salad was way too sweet for our taste. We'll have to try some other sides the next time. For this NC Girl there will be a next time. I do miss my NC BBQ and Southern Barbeque will help fill that void!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MotherBunny
South Africa
“Good for a quick stop!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

An easy walk from the Hampton Inn. This isn't a fancy place. Just some good BBQ. Fries aren't the best. Hush puppies are great - if you like hush puppies (choose them instead of the "roll", though - just a plain old white bread roll!). Service is fast, friendly, and reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013