“not really happy with it”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Gerhard's Cafe

Gerhard's Cafe
Ranked #17 of 324 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: American, European, German
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgia
“not really happy with it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

i had a beer in the biergarten side. I had to wait to get a beer at the bar the people at the bar were not friendly at all. did not know the beer list. I had one beer and left will not go back. I thought the prices were high and food over rated. If this is the best in
spartenburg then please learn how to treat people. was not happy with this at all.

• Visited January 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Very pleasant first dining experience at Gerhard's Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

On our first visit to Spartanburg, SC, Gerhard's Cafe was recommended to us by the owners of the Inn on Main Bed and Breakfast. The cafe offers an extensive menu and it did take a while for us to choose our meals from the extensive menu (everything sounded so delicious). Our server was warm and friendly. My wife's Parmesan Crusted Grouper and my Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo were in fact, very delicious. We topped off the excellent meal with a shared cake with a lemon filling (Wow was it good!). We're looking forward to another visit to Spartanburg and another great dining experience at Gerhard's Cafe.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jim L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sitting duck on a pond”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

For starters the place was busy! Which was a good sign! All tables were full!
To my surprise there was wait list or pager system! Was told twice 1st come 1st serve ( had to walk around restaurant and watch for someone finishing so u could stand by their table to get it! No idea of how long it's gonna take) After 45 min and 2 arguments, we got a table! Realizing several people coming in after us got a table 1st!
Anyway we order and try to enjoy our meal! Food was ok but took awhile to get! We were asked 3 times before getting food if we were about to leave from people wanting our table! Then the whole time we were eating it seemed like we were being watched by people walking by looking for empty table!
Once we were ready to leave I literally got pushed back in my seat from someone trying to slide in and secure my table for their dinner!
This is suppose to be an upscale place o eat! But wasn't pleasant at all!
If highly NOT recommend eating there until they get some sort of system! I know I won't be!
It's a fight or shooting waiting to happen
Goldprice@aol.com is way to email me if u experienced similar

Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“One of the best spots in Spartanburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love Gerhards! Incredible food and great atmosphere. Gerhards has two side, a fancy side and a not as fancy side. Their menu is available on both sides and has a wide variety of excellent food. They have everything from steaks and mashed potatoes to great inexpensive homemade pizzas.

Also they have trivia night on Tuesday nights! Loads of fun!

Visited August 2012
Inman, South Carolina
“Always Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We go to Gerhards at least four or five times a year. It's always a really good, really dependable restaurant. Gerhard does a great job of preparing food that is very good and there 's always some variance to the menu. It's a great place to go for a casual night out or you can go fancy in the fine dining side. We prefer the bar! Another good experience tonight although the service was slow even though it was not particularly crowded. Order the pork chop!

• Visited December 2012